4 Day/3 Night private luxury tour of the magnificent South of Ireland starting or ending Cork
Have only a few days, but would like to see as much of the spectacular Southwest as possible? This 4 day tour takes you from Cork to Killarney to Galway or Limerick. If you're ok with being on the move, this short but sweet tour is for you! You'll take advantage of the excellent Irish rail service and simply take the train from Dublin to Cork where I'll be waiting. We'll be on our way in luxurious comfort to Killarney with stops along the way. After two overnights in Killarney and two full day tours, its off to Galway or Limerick City where you'll overnight and continue on to Dublin via train. This chauffeured tour takes you to some of the most beautiful places in the South of Ireland and can be easily reversed. An ideal tour package for those arriving/departing from Dublin, but wanting to see a little more of Ireland.
The itinerary is based on my experience of how to best enjoy not just the destination but the journey. It's "Your Tour - Your Trail"™. Please share this great tour with me in 2018!
This tour was originally created with the starting point in Cork however, it can easily start in Galway or Limerick as well.
Day 1 - Arrive via train in Cork from Dublin at 12:00. Scenic drive to Killarney via Blarney Castle & Wollen Mills or visit to the Jameson Experience in Midleton. Arrive in Killarney. Overnight. Killarney
Days 2 - The Dingle & Slea Head Tour, from the green, rolling fields to jagged cliffs overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Overnight Killarney.
Day 3 - The Ring of Kerry Tour, exploring one of Ireland's most famous drives, reaching spectacular places no bus tour can and most self-guided tours will miss. From the Skellig Ring looking out to the Star Wars filming location on the coast of the Iveragh peninsula, to Waterville. Overnight. Killarney
Day 4 - Enjoy the scenic drive and ferry crossing the River Shannon on the way to the Famous Cliffs of Moher to either Limerick or Galway. From either, you can overnight or reconnect with the train for return to Dublin.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Cork train station or accomodations
End location: Galway or Limerick train station or accommodations.
Weather and time of year may impact any tour in Ireland, however, rain or shine I will attempt to insure your tour goes off as planned.
Duration: 4 days
Traffic & weather can impact an Irish tours no matter the season, but flexibility and having an experienced, private guide/driver behind the wheel allows you to enjoy the journey, as well as the days, no matter the weather or the traffic conditions on the road.
Travel in true executive class BMW 740LI (long wheelbase) sedan or 2017 Mercedes V-Class touring van, depending on number of guests. In order to provide you the very best, exclusive touring experience available, each premium vehicle is of a standard unmatched by rental class vans or cars often offered by tour providers.
* Luxury, air-conditioned 2017 Mercedes V-class touring van with individual captain's chairs and all of the style and amenities a Mercedes passenger sedan offers. Or, for 2 or less guests, the long chassis BMW 740Li executive sedan for a genuinely elegant, private touring experience. Each premium vehicle is meticulously maintained, both inside and out, and of a caliber unmatched by regular rental class vans or cars often offered for touring
* Failte Ireland Qualified Guide
* Driver fully insured & licensed by Irish Nat'l Transport Authority for passenger transportation
* Vehicles fully insured for commercial, passenger transport (required in Ireland)
*Ferry service fee on Shannon River
*Entrance fees to The Cliffs of Moher
* All fuel costs and tolls
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 Euro - For lunch, refreshments and souvenirs while touring.
* Train Tickets
* If you would prefer to be collected from Dublin, or returned to Dublin, rather than making train arrangements, there will be an additional charge, including overnight expenses for guide. Please enquire.