Discover the main sites that make Kanazawa special
During this full-day tour, you'll discover the different aspects of Kanazawa's culture and history:
Kenrokuen, often-described as the best garden in Japan;
the geisha areas of Kanazawa where you'll see the centuries-old ambiance and architecture of the pleasure quarters that burnished the culture of Japan and Kanazawa in many ways;
the Omicho market, known as Kanazawa's kitchen, where you'll find the freshest and most artisanal and traditional foods of the sea and mountains;
the high ramparts of Kanazawa Castle, located in this same area for more than five centuries;
and the tour ends at Turrell's Room, a world-renowned modern artistic space that combines the historical, artistic, and envirnomental legacies of Kanazawa and James Turrell.
It's perfect for the busy traveler who wants to see everything.
We'll lunch at the exceptional Sekitei in downtown Kanazawa. The cuisine, an exceptional representation of Kanazawa's cultural history.
You'll be inspired to come back to Kanazawa for another visit.
1. I'll meet you at your hotel at 10:00am. We'll travel by taxi to Omicho.
2. Known as Kanazawa's kitchen, Omicho market boasts the finest seafood, seasonal local produce, and Kanazawa's artisanal foods. We'll wander and enjoy its ambiance.
3. We'll make the 8-minute walk to visit Kazue Machi. One of the traditional geisha districts, we visit its narrow streets and talk about the history and business of this world.
4. Wandering along the Asano River will take us to Higashiyama. We'll cross the Ume Bridge to explore the architecture and traditions of the past five Kanazawa centuries.
5. Lunchtime! We'll travel by cab to Sekitei.
6. You'll walk off lunch by exploring the downtown sites, such as: Kanazawa Castle Park, Gyokusenin, and Kenrokuen, feeling the ghosts of the samurai Lords as they strategized, cavorted, and lived.
7. Your tour ends at the Turrell Room in the 21st Century Contemporary Museum of Art at 4:30pm.
8. You'll be taken by taxi back to your hotel, or dropped at your preferred Kanazawa spot.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: You'll be met by your guide at your hotel, central Kanazawa location, Omicho market, or your cruise ship port.
Duration: 6 hours 30 min.
Of course, the weather can affect the pace of our walking, hot or cold, snow or rain. We'll take taxis as we need.
Taxis and walking
- Guiding Services
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10000 yen - Extra cash is needed if you'd like more than one drink with lunch and for personal purchases.
- Personal Expenses