Tracking the last endangered species of Rhinos
Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary and Wildlife Ranch is located in Nakasongola district and is a proud home of the only wild rhinos in Uganda. The Rhino re-introduction project is a project of Rhino Fund Uganda and Uganda Wildlife Authority.
This sanctuary is conveniently located 176km (100 miles) north of Kampala on the Gulu highway towards Murchison Falls (branch off at Nakitoma Trading centre). Ziwa is the only place where you will be able to see rhinos in the wild.
Presently the sanctuary is home to twenty two (22) southern white rhinos. The sanctuary has become increasingly popular with tourists; for Rhino Trekking, Shoebill Trekking and Canoe Riding, Bird Watching, Night Walk, Nature Walk and Relaxation.
You will be picked up from your Hotel of residence or Airport upon arrival and begin your journey direct to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, you will have lunch en-route.
Upon arrival, you will engage in the following activities;
-On-Foot Rhino Trekking.
-Shoe-bill trekking and a canoe ride.
-Nature walk and bird watching.
After these activities, we shall embark on the journey back to Kampala for your over night.
NB: You can book accommodation with me in advance in case you want to spend the night at the Sanctuary.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Airport, Hotel
Duration: 12 hours
In case of traffic delays, the trip can be adjusted to suit client needs.
- Comfortable 4x4 9 seater private safari van with a pop-up roof for wildlife viewing and photography.
- Fully functional A/C.
- Fully functional charging extension cable for you to charge your electric devices like phones.
- Wifi available but only on board through out the entire tour.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
500 USD - (This is per-person)
- This is also equivalent to 1.837.875/= Ugandan shillings.
- This is to be carried along as petty cash since you will need to pay for extra services that you might need during this Tour.
- Personal Expenses