Discover the natural environment of the Kaga coast, see the roots of Buddhism at Natadera, Michelin cuisine, and art
You'll visit Natadera, a 1300-year-old temple that was carved into nature. Natadera was created when the first Buddhist monks began settling in the area as Buddhism spread from central Japan. Visiting the site of the protected caves of the temple complex, you can imagine the ascetic and spiritual life that drove these early settlers.
After Natadera, you'll enjoy a moderate 5km trek along the Kaga coastline. You'll wander some of the original trails the monks traversed as they used the coastline to journey Japan and spread their spiritual message.
After your walk, you'll enjoy a delicious lunch at 2-star Michelin restaurant Tsuzura.
Before heading back to Kanazawa, discover the art and history of Kutani ceramics.
After your museum visit, you'll be driven back to your Kanazawa hotel, location of choice, or ship.
1. You'll be picked up by a luxury private van and I at your hotel or cruise ship at 9:00am.
2. You'll travel to wander the ancient grounds of Natadera. An old temple with historical roots from 717, the wind has shaped caves that have been used by monks for centuries.
3. A visit to the Hashidate Coast is your next stop. You'll start a 5km coastal walk in the village of Katano and make your way to Kasanomisaki.
4. After the hike you'll enjoy lunch at the 2-Michelin-star kaiseki restaurant Tsuzura.
5. What's the best feeling after an unforgettable meal? Learn about the history of the Kutani ceramicware upon which your lunch was served. You'll visit the Kaga Kutani Museum and see the history of this local art.
6. After this visit, you'll be back to your hotel or ship at 4:30pm.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Hotel
Duration: 7 hours 30 min.
The tour itinerary can change depending on the restaurant availabilty.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10000 yen - If you'd like to make personal purchases, please budget accordingly.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks