See history in Cuba as it was when sugar was king. The cobblestone streets and grand homes of sugar barons await your inspection. The food and music is the best for miles around. Lobster and Salsa go hand in hand in the great historical city.
In the first day, right after arriving, we'll start by exploring the cobblestone streets of Trinidad and its colonial center. We'll check the "Plaza Mayor", which is the main square in this town, as well as some of the most interesting museums around it, like the "Romantic Museum" or the "Museum of Architecture" just to learn about the origins and development of this wonderful village.
In the evening, after having dinner at a typical Cuban food restaurant, we'll dance and enjoy a live cuban music show with the local bands.
Next morning we will visit the home of Chichi Santander, the most important ceramist of the Valley who works in the restoration of the village. We'll have lunch at "La Marinera", one of the best seafood restaurants you'll find around this area, located in a small fishermen town called "Casilda".
After having lunch, we will head to "Manaca Iznaga" Valley, the place where all the sugar mills were located in the colonial time.
Next morning, after breakfast we will head to Havana.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: The lobby of your hotel/accommodation.
End location: The lobby of your hotel/accommodation.
Duration: 3 days
We'll be using a very nice vintage car in mint conditions, with capacity for 3 passengers+guide and driver. It has air conditioning.
- Private transportation to and from Trinidad, and also within the town and surrounding areas.
- Driver and guide's lodging.
- 2 days private tour with full access to all my knowledge, personal assistance and services as a local tour guide.
- Due to OFAC sanctions against my country, 100% of the tour cost is payable in cash to me at the start of the tour. This payment should be made in local currency (CUC). The amount in CUC is 15% less than of the amount published in US Dollars, which is the same for me but more convenient for you! If you have any question about this, do not hesitate into contact me through "Ask a Question"
Estimated Local Cash Needed
80 CUC - - Lodging. 45 cuc for a double room, breakfast included (for two guests).
- Food. 15 to 20 cuc per person, plus tip (generally 10% in cuban restaurants).
- Entrance fees to the attractions and museums. Generally 1 cuc, except some museums where they charge 2 cuc.
- Entrance fees to the attractions and museums.
- Personal expenses.
-Due to OFAC sanctions against my country, 100% of the tour cost is payable in cash to me at the start of the tour in Cuban currency (CUC).
I don't have a driver's license, so I can't drive. I can arrange for a separate car and driver.