I studied modern history, did two MAs in history and politics and worked for Marriott hotels as a manager for 4 years. I work in tourism for more than 25 years and since 2006 I manage a small family hotel and offer private tours to various locations. I constantly try to discover the nature, history and traditions of Crete, and show its beauties to visitors. As a member of many local organizations and passionate about the island, I regularly hike on the White Mountains (Lefka Ori), research the local history and discover the endless hidden gems of the island. Every tour, every hike is a discovery and experience, a journey through time, and the Greek civilization.
My aim is to share my passion of the island to its visitors, and do not just see it as 'work' but as a mutual discovery experience. As a traveler myself I have an insight of what a guest needs and try to adapt tours and focus to cater the needs of its participants. Whatever your interest might be, from visiting a beach, hiking a gorge or exploring Chania town, I could be the perfect partner for your trip. I have learned that not only knowledge of a guide is important but also his joyful personality is what make a tour special and leave the best memories for its participants.
I can organize private tours to cater your needs, just send me a message with your broad interests or locations you would like to visit. Have a pleasant stay in Chania!
A Recent Review of this guide
George gave us a great tour of WWII in Crete. He has a great depth of knowledge on the subject and really seemed to enjoy sharing it.
• Work in the tourism industry since 1994 (more than 25 years)
• Tour escort and guide since 2006 - Hiked in most places in west Crete.
• F&B manager in London Marriott Maida Vale 5* hotel 2002-06
• Studied Modern History in the UK and have two MAs 1994-02
• Red Cross Samaritan volunteer - First Aid certificate
• Member of the local Mountaineering Club
• 3rd Rover Scouts of Chania leader - friendly with kids
• Travelled extensively around the world
• Exercise, swim and hike frequently
• My car is a Citroen C4 Picasso, it fits 4 guests comfortably, folding back seats make room for two more (total 7 seats including driver).
• I am not licensed to guide inside museums or archaeological sites.