The Island of Calypso
A day tour to the Malta's sister island: Gozo. I was born on this island and I have lived there ever since. When compared to Malta, Gozo is greener, less developed, less populated and full of natural beauty.
We will commute to Gozo via a ferry which takes approximately 25 minutes.
Through the day I will be able to show around almost the whole island and more importantly share with you the highlights of 'my' island island. This includes Ggantija Temples which are described by UNESCO as the oldest free standing building, i. e. older than Stonehenge, the Pyramids and the Acropolis. Also we would be able to see the Citadel and beaches which are renowned for their natural beauty. As a local who lives and this island (and was born here) I would be able to show you hidden gems which are only know to us as locals.
At around noon (or later - depending on the guests) we will stop for lunch. Lunch is on own and is not included.
- Hotel Pick up
- Commuter ferry to Gozo
- Visit Salt Pans (Harvest takes place between May-September only)
- Calypso Cave
- Ggantijia Temples (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Dwejra - including Game of Thrones filming site
- Return to the mainland
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your hotel / cruise liner terminal
End location: Your hotel / cruise liner terminal
Duration: 9 hours
This tour is a day tour which lasts up to a maximum of 9 hours. However, other factors such as weather, traffic, group's pace and time on sites could make the tour longer or shorter.
Chauffeur driven vehicle. The quoted price is for 4 persons.
Larger groups can be accommodated at a higher price.
Please let me know if the number of guests will be more than 4 so that I will do the necessary arrangements for transport.
- My service as your Licensed Guide, and Narration
- Fully air conditioned chauffeur driven transport
- Pick up from hotel / cruise liner terminal and return
- Ferry tickets (Malta to Gozo and return)
This tour is priced for 4 people. Larger groups are welcome at a higher price. Please contact me for details.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
60 Euro - Ggantija Entry tickets, lunch, Dwejra Boat Ride and optional shopping
- The fee for Ggantija Temples is not included. In Dwejra (weather permitting) you might take a boat ride from the Inland Sea to the outer sea. The boat ride costs 4 euro.
- Lunch on own.
If my schedule shows that I am 'unavailable' on a day you wish to tour, please send me a message to determine if I can be available at your desired time.