My favourite tour outside of Amsterdam
With this tour, we combine visiting the largest flowerfields-area north of Amsterdam with visiting the charming island of Texel and taking a boat trip on the Tidal 'Waddenzee' to see the seals resting on sandbanks.
The Netherlands is crowded but here you wouldn't say so!
The island of Texel itself offers some of the most beautiful landscapes of The Netherlands. There are small villages with wooden houses, a characteristic hilly area which is very uncommon for The Netherlands, lots of sheep and some of the nicest nature-reserves in The Netherlands.
We will get to see the large flowerfields north of Amsterdam as well.
This is a great trip.
Important to notice; we have to leave in time (not later than 9:30). We will return in Amsterdam around 21:30.
A long but great day!
- We will make a tour of the southern part of the island, hopping by several nature-reserves with rich bird-life and nice scenery. We will pass by the hilly, oldest part of the island with it's characteristic landscape and lots of sheep as well.
- Then we embark on the ship to make a boat tour on the tidal Waddenzee east of the island. They will show us how they fish for shrimps and show us sandbanks with resting seals.
- After the boat tour we will pass by several other scenic sights on the island and have some food and drinks before we head for the ferry back to the main land.
- After returning to the mainland we will tour the flowerfields for 1, 5 to 2 hours or so.
- Head back to Amsterdam afterward.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel, the Cruise Terminal for sea Cruise ships (PTA), your river cruise ship, airport or any other agreed upon location.
End location: At your hotel, the Cruise Terminal for sea Cruise ships (PTA), your river cruise ship, airport or any other agreed upon location.
Duration: 12 hours
- My Guiding
- Private Transportation, and all other costs connected to the vehicle (like: service, petrol)
- Ticket for the ferry
- Ticket for boat-tour to see the seals at the Waddenzee
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 euro - - Food
- There is a restaurant on the ferry to the island. This is a good option to eat something or have coffee in the morning (though we have only 15 minutes on the ferry).
- At the fishermen's port at the island there are a couple of fish-stalls, snackbars and bars. This is a good option to eat and/or drink something later on the day.
- Another option, especially with very nice weather is a bar/terrace/restaurant at the beach.
- Food & Drinks are not included
- I can not provide tours of Anne Frank House, or provide tickets for it.
- Taking pictures of women in the red light district is strictly prohibited