Visit Tokyo's most famous places in just one day
Tokyo is a unique city. In a fascinating way it encorporates elements from both old and modern Japan. This tour is perfect for those who have only a short stay in the city but want to experience it as much as they can. It will take you to some of Tokyo's most attractive tourists destinations and will allow you to experience both the top notch 21 century and the traditional faces this beautiful city has.
- Pick up from your hotel in central Tokyo
- Board the water bus to Asakusa
- Arrive in Asakusa, visit Sensouji Temple and Nakamise shopping street
- Go to Tokyo Sky Tree and enjoy the magnificent view to the city from 600 m high in the sky. Lunch at one of the numerous restaurants there.
- Go to Otemachi and the Imperial Palace. Enjoy a walk through the gardens.
- Visit Harajuku and Meiji Shrine.
- End of tour - return to your hotel
Note: the visit to the Imperial Palace gardens can be exchanged with a visit to the Tsukiji Fish Market
We can have as many coffee/rest breaks as you like. We can adapt your tour to accommodate some shopping if desired. This is a general itinerary of the tour that can be customized to include any other place/s of clients' interest.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 6 hours 30 min.
If you are interested in a shorter or longer in duration tour, please contact me through TBL so we can discuss the itinerary
This is a walking tour.
We'll public transport system between locations and the hotel.
We'll also take a boat ride.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
8500 yen - - Transportation charges per person about 3,000 yen (1,500 per child)
- Tower entrance fee 2,060 yen per adult (1,040 yen per child)
- Food and drinks 3,000 yen per person or more, depending on what food you choose
I am not a driver, and cannot offer driving tours.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We thoroughly enjoyed our day in Tokyo with Makayla. Makayla is an excellent guide -- knowledgeable and a pleasure to be with. Her English is excellent. She is aware of the cultural differences between North America and Japan so she could provide insight into the lifestyle differences. Thank you, Makayla