I love history, art, architecture and dining, and I am pleased to share my expertise and knowledge as a local and professional. While I was in the UK, I started to look at Japan as an outsider. I found how interesting and attractive Japanese culture is, including its history, art, cuisine, etc, which has made me a guide-interpreter.
Tokyo is one of the world's biggest cities with an interesting mix of tradition and innovation, skyscrapers and gardens, artworks and technology, and so on. It is also a paradise for foodies. Tokyo has all of such things in a very efficient and compact manner with a friendly entrance and a lot of complexity behind. You can enjoy Tokyo for only half a day, but years might not be enough at the same time.
I was born and brought up in Izumo, a historic countryside in the west of Japan, and I lived in the UK as well, but I spent more than half of my life here in Tokyo. It means I know Tokyo very much, but I can look at it from various perspectives. I am pleased to share my understanding based on professional expertise, not only on Tokyo but also Japan, with my new friends from all over the world!
• Certified National Guide-Interpreter (English; Cert. No. EN04775; Registered to Tokyo; 2017).
• Trained at IJCEE (Institute for Japanese Culture Experience and Education; 2017-).
• Certified Domestic Itinerary Control Manager (Cert. No. 46-17-007; 2017).
• Certified Domestic Travel Service Supervisor (Cert. No. 28-48-1807; 2016).
• BA in English Studies (Japan) and MBA (UK).
I am not a driver. I mainly use public transportation and taxi in Tokyo city center. I can also accompany you in the vehicle you hired or I can support your arrangement of a separate car and driver.