In order to complete my studies (1st level degree, 2nd level degree and School of Specialization) I had to write three theses: two of them were about the ancient Roman religion and one was about the Etruscan and Roman architecture. I dug in many sites, including the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill (Colosseum Area) and I love to take my clients to places where I've dug, so I can share with them my direct knowledge of the sites and my dig stories.
After graduating, I realized that in archaeology there's a lot of past, but no future and no money. . . so I became a tour guide but still involved in archaeological research. I spend one month of the year in Orvieto, at a big excavation called "Campo della Fiera", where I'm a trench supervisor.
Every summer I take "a month off" from tour guiding and go dig in the heat, picking, shovelling and trying to make the students under my supervision work, and that's what I call "my vacation".
As a tour guide, I love to create tailored tours and treat my clients as individuals, offering the best service I can. In my tours, I always include pick up service at the hotel, and I try to design an itinerary that matches the clients' needs and expectations.
I try to help the people discover the hidden gems of Rome and Italy, but I never forget about the highlights. That's why many of the itineraries I designed include both famous and off-the-beaten-path sights.
I lead tours in Rome and also outside of the city, and I provide day trips to Pompeii, Florence, Tivoli, Ostia Antica, Orvieto and many other famous beautiful locations in Italy.
I almost forgot. . . my tours are also fun ;) I'm looking forward to showing you around, come discover Italy and Rome with me!
A Recent Review of this guide
Such a great tour! His knowledge and passion for the history and stories of Rome kept us very interested and fun. VIP treatment. No lines and the day flew by so fast. Highly recommended and we would use him again. Total of 6 of use. Ages ranged from 40-70 years old.
- Licenced Official tour guide (Rome district);
- 1st and 2d level degrees in Archaeology (University of Salerno) and a School of Specialization (post-graduate);
- Diploma in Archaeology (University of Rome - La Sapienza). 8 years of study total;
- During my studies I wrote three thesis: "L'Egitto a Benevento" - "I culti orientali in Campania" - "Il tempio A di Campo della Fiera"
Papers I wrote:
- Article entitled "Il culto di Mithra in Campania", in Salternum, review of the Gruppo Archeologico Salernitano, n. 28-29.
- Article entitled "Il tempio di Iside a Benevento: l'architettura e gli arredi, l'architettura attraverso gli arredi" in Proceedings of JIA 2010: Jóvenes en investigation Arqueológica, convention at Winter 2010.
- Article entitled "L'Egitto in Campania" in "Salternum," review of the Gruppo Archeologico Salernitano, n. 24-25.
- Article entitled "L'Egitto a Benevento" in "Salternum", review of the Gruppo Archeologico Salernitano, n. 18-19, pg. 83-93.