Chimpanzee Tour, Chimpanzee Feeding and Zoo Tour
This trip takes you to Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sacntuary which is a home to over 49 orphaned Chimpanzees. This Chimpanzee experience targets the most exciting time, that is there pre-arranged feeding times at 11:00 am and 2:30 pm. You can choose to either have a half day experience which targets only one of the two feeding times or you can do the full day experience which gives you the opportunity to stay with the whole day and enjoy feeding them. After the Cimp experience then next will be visiting the Zoo (Uganda Wildlife Educational Centre) to see the Compositions of Uganda's wildlife in Brief.
Highlights of the Tour
•Boat trip to Ngamba Island
•Chimpanzee Experience (feeding, playing and cuddling)
•Visit the Zoo
Itinerary in Detail.
- Transfer to Entebbe and get to the shores of Lake Victoria. Get on to the Ngamba Island speed boat for a one hour ride on the world's second largest fresh water lake which is Lake Victoria. The captian shall point out when you are crossing the equator.
- On getting to Ngamba Island, you will be received by the Sanctuary care takers. They will give you an informative talk about the Project and the Chimps. You will get to enjoy the spectacular views of Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary and sight a number of bird species.
- After one hour of enjoying the stunning island scenery and wildlife then comes the biggest highlight of the Tour, the Chimpanzee experience. Get to a watching platform for a good view of the feeding area. The care takers start throwing fruits and all the Chimps surface to eat. The exciting Chimp experience lasts about one hour per meal time. Get to the speed boat and then return to Entebbe.
- Get to a restaurant for lunch and after which proceed to the zoo.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Airport, Hotel
Duration: 12 hours
In case of Traffic delays, the trip can be adjusted to fit client satisfaction and needs.
- Comfortable 4x4 private 9 seater safari van with a pop-up roof for viewing and photography.
- Fully functional A/C.
- Fully installed extension cable for charging with carrying capacity of up to 4 devices charging.
- Wifi available only on board the the tour van for the entire trip.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
300 USD - (This is per-person)
- This is also equivalent to 1.104.600/= Ugandan shillings though this can change due to the unstable exchange rates.
- This should be carried along as petty cash just in case the client needs to pay for extra things that are not included on the itinerary.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks