Experience the Spirituality and Mystery of Japanese Archery on a sacred ground
While it's not the Hunger Games, this Kyudo experience is on the grounds of a famous shrine. You'll experience this wisdom and discipline under the tutelage of a 7th degree black belt.
Japan is renowned for its samurai warrior spirit. Numerous martial arts practices have instilled confidence and tranquility and resolve in practitioners around the world throughout the centuries.
Kyudo, Japan's archery, is one pillar of the samurai disciplines that thrive today. Kanazawa Adventures Kyudo Experience takes you to an ancient shrine, Ataka Sumiyoshi, where kyudo has been practised for centuries.
After your kyudo experience, you'll explore the grounds of the Ataka Sumiyoshi Shrine and learn about the legacy of this shrine.
Before returning to your preferred Kanazawa location, you'll enjoy an extraordinary lunch, in a beautiful setting, at Nagaoki.
1. 9:00am: you'll be picked up at your hotel by a private luxury van and me.
2. 10:00am: scheduled arrival at the Ataka Sumiyoshi Shrine.
3. Kyudo Practice under the seventh-degree black belt and your private translator.
4. 12:00pm: explore the shrine and have a special lecture from shrine staff.
5. Lunch at Nagaoki awaits you. You'll enjoy a special seafood lunch in an architecturally-inspiring building right beside the shrine and next to the sea.
6. You'll depart Nagaoki at 2:00pm and return to Kanazawa for 2:30pm.
If you choose to skip lunch, you'll be back to your designated Kanazawa location at 1:15pm.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Hotel
Duration: 6 hours
Private Luxury Van
You'll be met at your Kanazawa hotel, central meeting point, or Kanazawa port by your private van, driver, and me.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10000 yen - For personal expenses and if you'd like more than one alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink with lunch.
- Personal Expenses