Private Helsinki Walking Tour with Private Guide
Helsinki is a compact city where most attractions are within walking distance. On our leasurely walking tour we will uncover the highlights and main attractions of Helsinki:
- Historical Senate Square, one of the best preserved neo-classical squares in all Northern Europe and featured in the classic Hollywood movie 'Reds'.
- Helsinki Lutheran and Uspenski Orthodox cathedrals
- Market Square, an authentic city market with a local feel.
- Esplanadi Park and home to chic Finnish design
- Central Railway Station, designed by Architect Eliel
Saarinen, father of American Architecht Eero Saarinen.
- Parliament Building, Museum of Modern Art
- The Rock Church with its unique design (subject to availability)
-NEW: The stunning Oodi Public Library
The Chapel of Silence, an urban oasis of tranquility.
OPTIONAL EXTRA: This tour can be adapted to include a JEWISH HELSINKI theme. Let me know if this type of tour is of interest.
If your group size is over 10 persons please contact me for a personal tour offe
1) Meet at hotel or cruise harbor and begin tour.
2) For cruise passengers: Transfer to city center, approximately 15 minutes with commentary along route.
3) Begin Walking Tour of city covering all major sights en route.
4) Break for coffee, refreshments and/or souvenir shopping.
5) Continue tour with remainder of itinerary.
6) Tour completed. I can accompany you back to your hotel or assist in return to cruise harbor.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 4 hours
Let me know if wish to reserve a tour of different length and I can customize it to precisely fit your needs.
For cruise passengers:
Depending on the location of the harbor, we will be taking public transport to the city center. Some harbors are right in the city center so then public transport is not necessary.
For Hotel guests:
Helsinki city center is compact and the tour begins as soon as we step out of the hotel.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3 EUR - If you arrive by cruise ship at one of the outer harbors you will need approx 3 EUR/person for a single fare on the tram into the city centre. Some harbors are in the city center so then a travel pass will not be needed.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Maria is a wonderful tour guide. She is extremely knowledgeable about the history of Helsinki. She took us to see many great sites and was sensitive to our needs and desires.