Private Helsinki Highlights Tour with guide and driver
Join me on a private tour of Helsinki's with guide and driver covering the city's main attractions :
- Historical Senate Square, one of the best preserved
neo-classical squares in all Northern Europe and featured
in the classic Hollywood movie 'Reds'
- Helsinki Lutheran and Uspenski Orthodox Cathedrals
- Market Square, an authentic city market with a local feel
- Esplanadi Park with its chic designer stores and vivid cold-war history
- Central Railway Station, designed by Architect Eliel
Saarinen, father of American Architect Eero Saarinen
- Parliament Building, Museum of Modern Art, Finlandia House
- 1952 Olympic Stadium and tower
- Stunningly designed Rock Church (subject to availability)
- Sibelius Park and Monument
-The Chapel of Silence, an oasis of urban tranquility and the city's newest landmark.
OPTIONAL EXTRA: This tour can be adapted to include a JEWISH HELSINKI theme. Let me know if this type of tour is of interest.
This tour is for a maximum of 10 persons. Please contact me for larger groups.
1) Meet at hotel or cruise harbor to begin tour.
2) Begin Tour of city covering all major sights en route.
3) Break for coffee, refreshments and/or souvenir shopping.
4) Tour completed. Guests will be dropped off at hotel or cruise harbor.
For cruise passengers there is also an option to stay in town after end of tour. In this case you will receive instruction on how to return back using public transport, shuttle service or otherwise.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meet up location: I will meet you as follows:
- Hotel guests, meet at the hotel reception.
- Cruise passengers, meet directly at the harbor at disembarking gate.
You can identify me from a sign with your group name.
End location: After tour is over you will be taken back to your hotel or you will receive some ideas on how to spend the rest of your day in town.
Your tour will end at the cruise harbour. Alternatively, if you wish to stay on in town, I can advise you on how to spend the rest of your time and you will receive instruction on how to return back using public transport, shuttle (if available) or otherwise.
Duration: 4 hours
We will use a comfortable minibus and this will be available for the complete duration of the tour.
You will receive my undivided attention as a qualified Guide, Finnish language interpreter and cross-cultural adviser.
The services of a driver and transportation are also included.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 EUR - If you wish to stop for refreshments,allow around 10 EUR per person. This is of course optional.
Entry to THE ROCK CHURCH is charged at EUR3/person and payable in cash at the door.
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Sight, I am not allowed to give tours inside the Suomenlinna Maritime Fortress. Only accredited Suomenlinna guides permitted. The island is visible from the mainland by boat where commentary is unrestricted.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Maria was a great guide and fun to tour with . She is very knowledgeable and full of energy !! Robert & Kitty