Private Helsinki Heartbeat Tram Tour
On this tour we will cover the city's main attractions and combine walking with a tram ride, as we 'Travel-Like-Locals'.
On our itinerary :
-Kiasma Museum of Modern Art
- Historical Senate Square with Lutheran Church
-Uspenski Orthodox Cathedral
- Market Square
- Katajanokka with its Art Nouveau district
- The majestic ice breaker fleet moored off the city coastline
- Esplanadi Park with its chic designer stores
- Central Railway Station
- Parliament Building, Museum of Modern Art, Finlandia House
- The Kaisa Unversity Library ( if open )
- Stunningly designed Rock Church
-NEW! Chapel of Silence, the city's newest landmark.
1) Meet at hotel or cruise harbor and begin tour.
2) For cruise passengers: Transfer to city center, approximately 15 minutes with commentary along route.
3) Begin Tour of city covering all major sights en route.
4) Break for refreshments ( optional ).
5) Continue tour with remainder of itinerary.
6) Tour completed in city centre. I can accompany you back to your hotel or assist in return to cruise harbor.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you as follows:
- Hotel guests, meet at the hotel reception.
- Cruise passengers, meet directly at the harbor's principal disembarcation gate.
You can identify me from a sign with your group name.
End location: Hotel guests:
After tour is over I will escort you back to your hotel or give you some ideas on how to spend the rest of your day in town.
I will show how to return back to the harbor on public transport. There is a dedicated bus or tram route that terminates at each cruise harbor. Alternatively, if you wish to stay on in town, I can advise you on how to spend the rest of your time in town.
Duration: 4 hours
We will be using a combination of tram (Street car) transportation and walking .
You will receive my undivided attention as a qualified Guide, Finnish language interpreter and cross cultural adviser!
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3 EUR - You will need to purchase a single tram ticket at around EUR 3 and I can assist with this.
For smaller groups the tram fare is included in the tour fee
Entry to THE ROCK CHURCH is charged at EUR 3/person payable in cash at the door.
Also stops for coffee and refreshments are not included on my tour fee and should be paid on the spot.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
The walking and tram riding tour was great. We opted to see the Sibelius Monument, so we had a lovely walk through a park, on a beautiful summer's day. Maria shared her extensive knowledge of the city, and we have hopes of returning there (and touring with Maria again) soon.