Private Helsinki Heartbeat Tram Tour
On this tour we will cover the city's main attractions and combine walking with hopping on and off the trams, as we 'Travel-Like-Locals'. After the tour is over your one day public transport ticket is at your disposal. For example for travel to the Suomenlinna Fortress Island.
On our itinerary :
-Kiasma Museum of Modern Art
- Historical Senate Square with Lutheran Church
-Uspenski Orthodox Cathedral
- Market Square
- Katajanokka with its Art Nouveau district
- The majestic ice breaker fleet moored off the city coastline
- Esplanadi Park with its chic designer stores
- Central Railway Station
- Parliament Building, Museum of Modern Art, Finlandia House
- The Kaisa Unversity Library ( if open )
- Stunningly designed Rock Church
-NEW! Chapel of Silence, the city's newest landmark.
1) Meet at hotel or cruise harbor and begin tour.
2) For cruise passengers: Transfer to city center, approximately 15 minutes with commentary along route.
3) Begin Tour of city covering all major sights en route.
4) Break for refreshments ( optional ).
5) Continue tour with remainder of itinerary.
6) Tour completed in city centre. I can accompany you back to your hotel or assist in return to cruise harbor.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you as follows:
- Hotel guests, meet at the hotel reception.
- Cruise passengers, meet directly at the harbor's principal disembarcation gate.
You can identify me from a sign with your group name.
End location: Hotel guests:
After tour is over I will escort you back to your hotel or give you some ideas on how to spend the rest of your day in town.
I will show how to return back to the harbor on public transport. There is a dedicated bus or tram route that terminates at each cruise harbor. Alternatively, if you wish to stay on in town, I can advise you on how to spend the rest of your time in town.
Duration: 4 hours
We will be using a combination of tram (Street car) transportation and walking .
You will receive my undivided attention as a qualified Guide, Finnish language interpreter and cross cultural adviser!
Estimated Local Cash Needed
8 EUR - You will need to purchase a one day EUR 8 travel card . This is not included in my tour fee and allows unlimited day travel on all public transport. You can buy this in cash from the driver or from a machine with a credit card.
Entry to THE ROCK CHURCH is charged at EUR 3/person payable in cash at the door.
Also stops for coffee and refreshments are not included on my tour fee and should be paid on the spot.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Maria was amazing! She's enthusiastic and very knowledgeable about history. She kept us on schedule and she was flexible when we needed extra time. Definitely the guide to use in Helsinki!