Hiking, Waterfalls, Culture, Sight seeing and local food
This 1 Day Sipi Falls Tour Transfers you to the stunning Sipi Falls which are found in Eastern Uganda at the foothills of Mountain Elgon. This beautiful waterfall is comprised of a series of 3 water falls with heights of 100. , 85m, 75m respectively. Enjoy a soothing atmosphere of the cool weather at Sipi Falls as you savor the Spectacular views of the Mountain Elgon from up and the Karamoja plains disappearing from below. This 1-day tour includes a trek to each of the 3 watr falls.
Highlights of the Trip
•Hike to the Water falls
•Sightseeing of the Karamoja plains and Mountain Elgon.
- Have your cup of tea early enough to prepare for the pickup from your hotel or residence at 6:30am. While En-route, expect sightseeing of Mabira rain-forest, the vast sugarcane and tea plantations of Lugazi and the mighty River Nile in Jinja.
- Get to Sipi Falls and have a cup of coffee at Sipi River Lodge as you savor the spectacular scenery of the site.
- After a briefing from your Sipi Falls Guide, set out for the Hike to the Falls. The Trek follows a well maintained network of trails going through a pleasant countryside with great views of the scenery in all directions. There are some steep points that may require a bit of muscle to climb and it gets even more challenging on rainy days with all the mud and slipperiness but it's worth an adventure.
- The hike covers about 7 km and could take nearly 4 hours but of course depending on ones pace and ability.
- Return and drive back to Kampala where you can expect to arrive bot later than 8:00 pm or you can pay for accommodation for an over night.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Airport, Hotel
Duration: 12 hours
In case of any Traffic delays, this tour can always be adjusted to suit client needs
- Comfortable 4x4 van or land cruiser with pop-up roof for wild life viewing.
- Fully installed socked for device charging with capacity of up to 4 devices charging at the same time.
- Fully functional A/C.
- Wifi available but only on-board the van.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
500 USD - (This is per person)
- This is equivalent to 1.837.875/= Ugandan shillings.
- This money is carried along as petty cash and you can use it to pay for extra services that you might need or use.
- Personal Expenses