Town with history and style, all with a private guide.
Ålesund is the most beautiful town in Norway, surrounded by mountains, fjords and waterfalls.
It is also the town of art nouveau, which combines with the local architecture. In Ålesund you can walk down water or step up to the viewpoint.
Also, there are many easy mountain walks, possible even for small kids.
It was an important defence point in the second World War and you can find many pieces of evidence here like bunkers.
Near Ålesund is the beautiful village of Alnes with magnificent views.
1. We will start from Ålesund Port
2. We will go walking til Breakwater and big town anchor.
3. We will walk through Art Nouveau district and historic side about the fire in town.
4. We will see bunkers from WW2.
5. We will go to lighthouse.
6. We'll step up to the church
7. We'll take the car, and drive up to the viewpoint.
8. Aksla- amazing view-point
9. We will visit "wooden Ålesund"
10. We will drive through bridges over seawater, and tunnels under seawater.
11. We will visit Alnes lighthouse, 15km from Ålesund with coastline (sand and stones), waves, mountain and roads.
12. Picnic with typical Norwegian sausages
13. Stop at the Ålesund viewpoint from another side
14. Back to Ålesund Port
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Anywhere in Ålesund
End location: Any place in Ålesund or during tour
Duration: 5 hours
We will be driving with Peugeot 307. With 7 seats, air condition.
I have space to accommodate 4 people comfortably. I can accommodate 6, though there will be less space.
1. Private guide and private car
2. Picnic sausages
3. Paper towels
5. Coffee or tea
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 NOK - souvenir, snacks
I am opened for the world and more :)))
I have no restrictions.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
From the moment you meet Igvars, you know you are in for something special. Within the first few moments, you realize that everything that was planned for this tour will be done........and then there are the stops along the way to make sure that all of your needs are met. This was a wonderful tour. We saw more than anyone we met on the ship saw.........and the order in which he presented Alesund kept building on the knowledge of the last place..... Seeing this wonderful city with Igvars was wonderful.