Experience the historical Douro River and more spectacular scenery on this first demarcated region World wines
We leave the city of Oporto toward the Douro valley, a unique place where the combination of climate, river, grapes and man's effort gave rise to the first demarcated region World wines for the production of Port wine, picturesque location, verdant landscapes and lush nature.
Our first stop will be Quinta do Portal for a private tour and tasting of their highly-regarded wines. Families and their independent house that embraced with all passion the concept of "Boutique Winery", dedicated to the production of DOC Douro wines, Port Wines of special categories and Moscatel, renowned winery set amongst the terraces of the valley.
Continue to Pinhão four at Lunch and after you will embark on a traditional riverboat (Rebelo) which was used to transport the port wine to the wine cellars in Porto. Here, we will enjoy wine tasting at one Wine State (Quinta da Roêda, Quinta Bomfim our Quinta Seixo).
** The tour is available also for people that are not on cruise-ship.
- Pick up at the port or any another location in Porto.
- Drive to wine state Quinta do Portal. Visit and tour the cellar while enjoying a wine tasting.
- Continue to Pinhão for lunch and an hour cruise in Douro River.
- Wine tasting at one Wine State (Quinta da Roeda, Quinta Bomfim our Quinta Seixo).
- Drive back to Porto.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at the cruise terminal
End location: Back to your cruise ship
Duration: 7 hours
Transportation Method: - A Chevrolet car 2014 with all the modern comfort up to 3/4 passengers. - A Recent van up to 8 people with all comforts (AC and Wifi included).
- Guiding service
- Transportation in a Private Luxury car or van, with air-conditioned and free Wi-Fi
- All insurance required by the Tourism of Portugal
- Bottled water
- River cruise, tasting and visit at the Cellars
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 € - For lunch and any personal expenses.
Lunch and any personal expenses (bottles of wine, drinks, souvenirs, snacks).
I have a Tour Company Licensed under the nº 1569/2017 the Official Tourism Office of Portugal , For Guide & Driving Tours with mandatory insurances .
I am not an official guide and will not be able to guide you inside of some historical monuments.