Shore Excursion, Museums / Culture, Food and Wine, City
Kid Friendly: Yes.
Please inform me first. I have to do a a preliminary check for the itinerary and be sure that I can offer the transport in excellent conditions.
Maximum travelers: 8
English (fluent), French (conversational), Italian (basic), Portuguese (fluent), Spanish (fluent)
Experience the city considered as European destination of 2012, 2014 and 2017
During the Middle Ages, on the right riverbank, one of the most ancient European cities was born and developed: «O Porto»!
Its historical centre is a landscape framework, the result of a harmonious combination of features of the land with the urban structure.
Up the hill, the old houses still serve as a home to the local population and mingle with huge manor houses.
To visit Porto is to let yourself be surprised. The signs of this «know how to live» are felt in the streets, architecture, monuments, museums, leisure spaces, outdoor cafés and commercial areas. It is a city of poets, sailors, heroes and winners. It gave the name to Portugal and to the most famous wine of the world, PORT WINE!
The city was classified as World Heritage by UNESCO in 1996.
- The tour begins with a drive along the ocean, passing the Cheese Castle, the trendy Foz district, the Arrábida Bridge
- Visit the historical centre: Clérigos Church and Tower, Bookstore Lelo, Carmo Church, Carmelita's Church, Avenida dos Aliados, São Bento Station, Batalha square, Sé Cathedral, Stock Exchange Palace and finishing at the riverside Ribeira Square.
- Lunch break
- Visit V. N. de Gaia and taste of port wine at Cellar Cockburn's Sandeman.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at the cruise terminal
End location: Back to the cruise terminal
Duration: 7 hours
Transportation Method: - A Chevrolet car 2014 with all the modern comfort up to 3/4 passengers. - A Recent van up to 8 people with all comforts (AC and Wifi included).
- Guiding service
- Transportation in a Private Luxury car or van, with air-conditioned and free Wi-Fi
- All insurance required by the Tourism of Portugal
- Wine Tasting and tour to Cellar
- Bottled water
Estimated Local Cash Needed
35 € - For lunch and any personal expenses.
Lunch and any personal expenses (bottles of wine, drinks, snacks, souvenirs).
I have a Tour Company Licensed under the nº 1569/2017 the Official Tourism Office of Portugal , For Guide & Driving Tours with mandatory insurances .
I am not an official guide and will not be able to guide you inside of some historical monuments.