Magnificent Monolithic Rock Cut Temples, Architectures & Sculptures - UNESCO approved heritage sight
Unveil the secrets of UNESCO approved world heritage sight famous for its Astounding 6th century rock sculptures. Mahabalipuram was an important ancient port which was well known to the ancient romans and greek, is today renowned the world over for its exquisite 6th century rock cut temples and intricate statues of stone. Following are few glimpses of historic places of interest:
1. Five Rathas - Pancha Rathas is typically called as Five Chariots, is an example of monolithic Indian rock-cut architecture
2. Arjuna's Penance -Measuring 96 by 43 feet (29 m × 13 m), it is a giant open-air rock relief carved on two monolithic rock boulders
3. Krishna's Butterball -K's Butterball is a gigantic granite boulder resting perched on a steep rock slope
4. Shore Temple- The Shore Temple (700-728 AD) is so named because it overlooks the shore of
the Bay of Bengal.
Visiting Other Places of interest & Handicrafts
After, we travel ahead towards chennai to stop at Crocodile Park (a reptile zoo & herpetology research & Return
- We will depart from Pondicherry after breakfast and drive down the scenic East Coast Road.
- The first stop is at Mahabalipuram where we spend time exploring ancient rock cut temples and exquisite sculptures. We will delve into the history of the Pallavas, an ancient dynasty that once ruled an extensive part of India and beyond.
-Then visiting the Asia's Largest Seashell Museum is one of the massive attractions in Mahabalipuram. This is the Largest museum in asia among its own type.
- We then arrive at Madras Crocodile Bank, a reptile zoo and herpetology research station.
- We will then visit the local arts, sculpture and handicraft market, where we will interact with local shopkeepers to understand how they are making some cool stuff.
- We will return to Pondicherry via Scenic Beachway to drop you at the Starting Point.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 8 hours
Tour duration might be altered, reduced or changed due to Bad Weather or any unexplained hurdles
Transportation will be Accompanied in Modern Compact airconditioned SUV or Sedan adhered by the Safety Standards of Government of India.
If there will be more than 3 people please inquire for a quote
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
7300 INR - (approximately 100 USD) per person for meals, entrance fees or Any expenses for your private use
for entrance fees:
-Seashell Museum - 20 USD
-Mahabalipuram - 30 USD
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I do not have any restrictions in regard to my guiding, I can offer a full range of experiences