Learn about archeology and past life before Vesuvius' eruption and hiking Mt. Vesuvius - skip the line included
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO YOUR NEEDS AND REQUESTS.
PLEASE ENQUIRE FOR GROUPS SMALLER THAN 5 OR BIGGER THAN 8
For anyone interested in visiting the ancient Pompeii and the Volcano that caused its burial.
The thriving Roman city met its fate in 79 A. D. , when Mt. Vesuvius erupted and buried the city with all its inhabitants.
Pompeii today allows you to visit it as if you were there 2, 000 years ago. You can see how people really lived.
You can have lunch in a typical Italian restaurant with typical Italian food. After lunch you will be driven to Mount Vesuvius.
A 20 minutes walk is needed to reach the highest part of the crater, where local volcanologist guides are waiting to show you around(included in the cost of the ticket).
Once up Mt. Vesuvius don't miss the view! It's spectacular!
- Pick up at a meeting location in the province of Naples, the Amalfi Coast, and Salerno city
- Transfer to Pompeii
- Pompeii guided tour with the following highlights: Marina Gate, Basilica (court house), Forum (the main square), Municipal buildings (curia), the meat and fish market (Macellum), Thermal baths, Termopolium Capuano, House of the Tragic Poet, Bakery, plaster casts, Temples of Juppiter, Apollo and Venere, the Lupanar (brothel), Fountains and lead pipes.
- Lunch Break in a typical restaurant on the slopes of Mount Vesuvius
At the top of the volcano is a crater rim that affords a view into the crater that still fumes slightly. Besides that you will have a stunning panorama overseeing the Bay of Naples, Capri, Ischia, the edge of the Sorrento coast and more. Everyone has to walk on his own the last 750 metres steeply uphill. Closed-in shoes are essential. Half hour guidance with the volcanological guide you will meet on the top of the crater.
After you will walk back down to meet your driver.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: the Ports of Naples, Sorrento, Salerno and Amalfi or any other meeting location in Campania agreed upon reservation
End location: the Ports of Naples, Sorrento, Salerno and Amalfi or any other meeting location in Campania agreed upon reservation
Duration: 7 hours 30 min.
- Mercedes minivan Viano or Vito
- Mercedes E class
year: no older than 2010
- My half day guidance in Pompeii (I will be with you only in Pompeii, the rest of the day my partner driver will look after you)
- Transportation with a private Mercedes and a professional driver
- Half hour guidance at the crater with the volcanological guide
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 euros - admission fees and meals; prices are per person
- Entrance tickets:
- Pompeii 15 euros;
- Vesuvius 10 euros (the cost of the ticket also includes a local guide)
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Thank you for all your knowledge. We had a memorable couple hours learning all about Pompeii.