A day to spent between archeology, geology and natural beauty (with private transportation) - skip the line included
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO YOUR NEEDS AND REQUESTS.
This tour is dedicated to whom are interested in visiting the ancient Pompeii and the Volcano that caused its burial.
The thriving Roman city met its fate in 79 A. D. , when Mount Vesuvius erupted. The volcanic ash from Mt. Vesuvius buried the entire town with many of its inhabitants.
Pompeii today is a site unlike any other in Italy, it is a complete ancient city that you can explore just as if you were walking through it 2, 000 years ago.
The tour starts with two hours guided tour at Pompeii with me.
Lunch break in a typical Italian restaurant tasting some good wine and some traditional dishes.
After lunch the driver will take you at the Mount Vesuvius.
A 20 minutes walk is needed to reach the highest part of the crater, where local guides are waiting that can give visitors a short guidance (included in the cost of the ticket). Half hour guidance at the crater with the volcanological guide
You'll enjoy a stunning view of the Bay of Naples!
- Pick up at a meeting location in the province of Naples, the Amalfi Coast, and Salerno city
- Transfer to Pompeii
- Pompeii guided tour with the following highlights: Marina Gate, Basilica (court house), Forum (the main square), Municipal buildings (curia), the meat and fish market (Macellum), Thermal baths, Termopolium Capuano, House of the Tragic Poet, Bakery, plaster casts, Temples of Juppiter, Apollo and Venere, the Lupanar (brothel), Fountains and lead pipes.
- Lunch Break in a typical restaurant on the slopes of Mount Vesuvius
- At the top of the volcano is a crater rim that affords a view into the crater that still fumes slightly. Besides that you will have a stunning panorama overseeing the Bay of Naples, Capri, Ischia, the edge of the Sorrento coast and more. Everyone has to walk on his own the last 750 metres steeply uphill. Closed-in shoes are essential. Half hour guidance with the volcanological guide you will meet on the top of the crater.
After you will walk back down to meet your driver
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: the Ports of Naples, Sorrento, Salerno and Amalfi or any other meeting location in Campania agreed upon reservation
End location: the Ports of Naples, Sorrento, Salerno and Amalfi or any other meeting location in Campania agreed upon reservation
Duration: 7 hours 30 min.
Private Mercedes and a professional driver
- My half day guidance in Pompeii (I will be with you only in Pompeii, the rest of the day my partner driver will look after you)
- Transportation with a private Mercedes and a professional driver
- Half hour guidance at the crater with the volcanological guide
Estimated Local Cash Needed
45 EUR - 13 euros admission fees to Pompeii
about 20 euros for meals, not obliged to stop
10 euros entrance fees to Mt. Vesuvius
prices per person
- Entrance tickets:
- Pompeii 13 euros;
- Vesuvius 10 euros (the cost of the ticket also includes a local guide)
Please enquire for any tour before booking a tour because I am not always available for tours
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Folks - If there is a rating more than 5 stars, I would have given that to Emiliano. Emailed me before I booked clearly explaining what is in store, what to expect and what can be fine tuned to fit my requirements. I changed the plan and asked Emiliano to pick me from the airport and he readily obliged. Saved a lot of time by doing so. Everything was covered as planned and I could write a book on Pompeii and Vesuvius. Extremely Knowledgeable and I could not have asked for anything more. Excellent trip.