With half day mainland private transportation and public transportation or taxi on the island of Capri - skip the line included
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO YOUR NEEDS AND REQUESTS.
The Unesco Committee inscribed Pompeii in the list of World Heritage Patrimony because it provides a "complete and vivid picture of society and daily life at a specific moment in the past that is without parallel anywhere in the world".
Walking in the city I will explain you the history of the city at the time of the Mount Vesuvius eruption, and the romans way of living.
Capri is a real treasure bursting with natural beauty, with stunning panoramas and beautiful coastlines. There are numerous symbols of the nature: the Faraglioni rocks, the Natural Arch, Mount Solaro and the celebrated Blue Grotto.
Our tour includes a walk at Marina Grande, transfer by funicular train to the town of Capri and a walk in the famous Piazzetta and the Medieval alleys up to the marvelous gardens of Augustus from where you will enjoy the best views of the island; in alternative we can arrange a trip to the the blue Grotto and Anacapri.
- After picking you up at the port of Naples or another convenient meeting place you will ride in style, in a Mercedes, limousine, van, or minibus, to Pompeii.
- The 2-hour guided tour takes you to all of the city's most famed sites, including the Maritime Gate, the Forum, the Basilica, the Temple of Jupiter, and the ancient Theaters, among others.
- Next, head to Sorrento for a quick lunch in the city, and then transfer by hydrofoil to Capri for a guided tour of the island bursting with natural beauty. Admire the Faraglioni rocks and the Natural Arch, hike Mount Solaro, or visit the celebrated Blue Grotto then take a walk at Marina Grande.
- Take the funicular train to the town of Capri, where you can stroll around the famous Piazzetta and the alleys of the town up to the marvelous gardens of Augustus. There, you will enjoy the best views of the island. Return to Naples by hydrofoil.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Ports of Sorrento/Naples/Amalfi/Salerno/Stabia or any other meeting point to be be agreed with the customers.
End location: Ports of Sorrento/Naples/Amalfi/Salerno/Stabia or any other meeting point to be be agreed with the customers.
Duration: 8 hours
Half day by car( a private Mercedes)
Hydrofoil to Capri and back
- My guidance and assistance for entire duration of the tour
- The hydrofoils tickets going and coming back
- Private transportation service from/to the port
Estimated Local Cash Needed
35 eur - about 20 euros for meals, not obliged to stop for meals
15 euros admission fees to Pompeii
- The funicular train tickets from village of Capri to Marina Grande
Pompeii admission fees 15 euros pp, free under 18
Meals - the minimum cost for a touristic lunch is about 15EUR per person, for a standard menu, obviously you are not obliged to stop for lunch.
Every admission fee (Blue Grotto 14 EUR per person),
the Blue Grotto is not always accessible due to bad weather or rough sea.
the Museum Villa San Michele (8 EUR per person), the Church of Saint Michele (2,50 EUR per person).
The circumnavigation of the island (OPTIONAL), including a stop at the Blue Grotto (3 hours in total), with one of a typical Sorrentine wooden Gozzo
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
If there was a 10, I'd rate Paolo a 10! What a blessing to have an archaeologist as a guide for our visit to Pompeii. He was a true professional, very kind and accommodating, and made our long day a very special and memorable one. My family all agreed it was one of our best days throughout our 17-day tour of Italy and Greece.