A real foodie experience at the cottage of an Italian pizzaiolo
The most exclusive half-day activity in Tuscany!
Get to the panoramic country cottage of a pizza maker and learn all the secrets for baking your perfect pizza in his wood oven. Top your own pizza with all the fresh ingredients that the pizzaiolo farms in his garden. You will also sample a great specialty from the coastal area of Tuscany called cecina, with chickpea flour.
A perfect combination of hands-on activity, great food, very friendly local hosts and stunning views!
9. 30 am - My driver and I meet you at your location in Pisa and drive you to a charming cottage in the countryside where the pizzaiolo lives
10. 15 am - We meet the pizza maker, get dressed and we start with the preparation of the pizza dough for our pizza. Then we make all the other specialties and sample them.
12. 30 pm - After preparing all specialties and sampling cecina and focaccia with pickles and vegetables made by the pizza maker, we start baking our pizzas and we serve them as they get out of the oven
2. 00 pm - We depart and get back to Pisa where we arrive at around 3. 00 pm.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: We will meet at your accommodation in Pisa. My driver can access any restricted area in town. Rates refer to a pick up and drop off in Pisa. If you are accommodated in other areas of Tuscany please inform me and I will give you a detailled quotation.
End location: At the end of the tour we will drive you back to your location.
Duration: 5 hours 30 min.
A full driving service is included in the offer. My driver and I collect you at your location in Pisa on luxury airconditioned vans for up to 8 passengers. My driver is licensed to access any restricted area in Pisa.
All rates refer to a pick up and drop off in Florence. If you are accommodated in other locations in Tuscany or if you prefer to self-drive, please inform me and I will provide a detailled quotation.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 Euro - If you want to stop in the nearby town for some souvenirs or a gelato. No money needed right at the place we visit.
• My license as a guide is not valid for art towns and I will not be able to guide inside of the historical monuments and museums.
• I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.