A real foodie experience at the cottage of an Italian pizzaiolo
The most exclusive half-day activity in Tuscany!
Get to the panoramic country cottage of a pizza maker and learn all the secrets for baking your perfect pizza in his wood oven. Top your own pizza with all the fresh ingredients that the pizzaiolo farms in his garden. You will also sample a great specialty from the coastal area of Tuscany called cecina, with chickpea flour.
A perfect combination of hands-on activity, great food, very friendly local hosts and stunning views!
9. 00 am - My driver and I meet you at your ship in Livorno and drive you to a charming cottage in the countryside where the pizzaiolo lives
10. 15 am - We meet the pizza maker, get dressed and we start with the preparation of the pizza dough for our pizza. Then we make all the other specialties and sample them.
12. 30 pm - After preparing all specialties and sampling cecina and focaccia with pickles and vegetables made by the pizza maker, we start baking our pizzas and we serve them as they get out of the oven
2. 00 pm - We depart and get back to Livorno where we arrive at around 3. 00 pm.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: We will meet at your ship in the harbor of Livorno. My driver can access any area of the port. Rates refer to a pick up and drop off in Livorno. If your ship is docking in another port of Tuscany, like La Spezia or Piombino, please inform me and I will give you a detailled quotation.
End location: At the end of the tour we will drive you back to your location.
Duration: 6 hours
A full driving service is included in the offer. My driver and I collect you at your ship in Livorno on luxury airconditioned vans for up to 7 passengers. My driver is licensed to access any restricted area in Florence.
All rates refer to a pick up and drop off in Livorno. If your ship is docked in other harbors in Tuscany, like La Spezia or Piombino, please inform me and I will provide a detailled quotation.
- private teaching of the pizza maker
- private English speaking assistant (also German, Spanish, Italian or Russian available)
- 3-hour pizza making class with preparation of pizzas, cecina, bruschetta and cakes
- all food, including the specialties made by the pizza maker, & local wine
- printed booklet for taking notes
- personal aprons as souvenirs
- served full lunch or dinner
- A return driving service for the whole tour by luxury airconditioned vans, capable to carry up to 7 passengers. The rates refer to a pick up and drop off in Livorno harbor. For other ports in Tuscany like La Spezia or Piombino different rates apply.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 Euro - If you want to stop in the nearby town for some souvenirs or a gelato. No money needed right at the place we visit.
Souvenirs at a nearby village
• My license as a guide is not valid for art towns and I will not be able to guide inside of the historical monuments and museums.
• I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.