An Experience visiting Pipeline Road (Trail) & Monkey Island (Boat)
Wildlife in Panama? Yes we have it. This 5 hour tour will give you the following experiences:
1. Visit Soberania National Park: its one of our protected rainforest area with a variety of trails composed with flora and fauna. We will take The Pipeline Road which was a system made by the Former US Military forces in order to transport oil from coast to coast. Today we have The Rainforest Discovery Center which allow visitor to have a 1. 5 miles walk trail to explore part of our Flora and Fauna. We also going to get in a 120 feet tower to get a marvellous view of our dosel and the possibliity of seeing some exemplary birds.
2. After point 1 achieved, we are going to take a Boat ride and navigate thru the Canal Waterway in order to reach to Monkey Island. This is a Natural Virgin Island which we are only allowed to be in the island shoreline. we going to surround it on boat to see some animals such as Monkeys, Sloths and any other animal possible to see.
Tour ends back to the meeting point started.
We Start by visiting The Monkey Island which in this case we take a ride to Gamboa Public Boat Ramp in order to board a motor launch that will carry us to the Island. During the boat ride there's a possibility to observe vessels transiting through the Canal Waterway as also some wild life animals in their natural habitat at the Island. After that, we reach back to the public dock and take a short ride to access the entrance of the Pipeline Road. Its a 1. 3 miles distance walk were we may encounter Flora and Fauna in our surroundings. With good luck, we can have the possibility of viewing some birds species such as a Cacique, Toucans and some other animals. Once achieved the walk we reach at Panama Rainforest Discovery Center and here they have restroom facilities and a counter for snacks and souvenirs sales. we take a break and right after we continue our journey to the Humming Bird Habitat and take a 120 feet tower to observe our marvellous Rainforest Dossel that shelters the Canal Watershed and back hotel.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Hotel or Airport
End location: Tour ends normally at the pickup point however, if you desire to have a different location for dropoff we can reach to a mutual agreement.
Duration: 5 hours 30 min.
We will use my personal Van which is a Hyundai-H1 Year 2012, automatic transmission, air conditioned, in great conditions, with a capacity of 11 passengers.
1) Car Transportation City hotel - Tour - City Hotel.
2) Wifi internet service connection in the Car.
3) Motor Boat Transportation Gamboa Public boat Ramp - Monkey Island - Gamboa Public boat Ramp.
4) Bottled Water (1 per person) and fruits (for animals).
5) Bilingual Certified Tour Guide Driver
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 USD - For admission fee's, snacks, souvenirs, etc. based on a per person estimation.
1) Lunch meal(runs under your account)
2) Raincoats (Ponchos), Bugspray.
3) Admission Fee to Soberania National Park ($5.00 Per person)
4) Admission Fee to Panama Rainforest Discovery Center ($30.00 Per person)
All tours can be tailor-made to meet your needs.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Vincent is a fabulous guide, flexible and caring. When the roads to Gamboa were blocked by an unannounced bike race, he went out his way to make sure we went to another national park to see the birds, wildlife and flora we had been hoping to see. He then gave us a tour of the city and showed us how it has developed over time. We cannot recommend Vincent enough!