Discover the presence of Pablo Picasso in Barcelona with an expert guide on Picasso
Barcelona played an important in role Pablo Picasso's life. He arrived here with his family when he was only 13 years old, and soon he joined the "Llotja" art School, where his father was a professor.
On this tour we will walk through places where either the artist lived or studied, and we will pass by the famous "4 gats", the tavern center of bohemian artists towards the end of the 19th century. This will also give you the opportunity to see the old city of Barcelona.
We will focus on the Picasso Museum. We will learn about his first years in Málaga and la Coruña, the arrival to Barcelona and his first trips to Paris, among other episodes of his life and career.
This museum is an opportunity to discover the process that lead Pablo Ruiz Picasso to become Picasso: the father of modern art.
- I am an expert on Picasso (University of Barcelona and Picasso Museum studies on Picasso).
- Skip lines as I am a licensed tour guide.
- This tour can be offered from Tuesday to Sunday. The Museum is closed on Mondays
- Sala Parés. Art Gallery
- Café "Quatre Gats"
- Friezes of Pablo Picasso in the Gothic Quarter.
- "Llotja" Art School
- Porxos d'en Xifré apartment building.
- Picasso Museum
We will be walking through the old city of Barcelona. In case is your first time there, I can adapt the tour so we cover also the most important of the Gothic Quarter and Born District.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I can pick you up at your hotel or any other convenient location. An optimal starting point is the Hard Rock Café in Plaça Catalunya (Catalonia Square).
End location: We will finish at the Born area, a beautiful neihgborhood full of pedestrian areas with nice restaurants and shops. I can walk with you to a taxi stand in case you need orientations.
Duration: 3 hours
This is a walking tour. However, we can take a taxi to get to the starting point.
- Guided walking tour through the old city of Barcelona, focusing in the spots that have relation with Picasso's life in our city.
- Guided Tour inside the Picasso Museum with an expert licensed guide.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
14 Euros - - You can pay directly the ticket of the Picasso Museum, that is 12€ / 14€ (with temporary exhibitions)
- Tickets for the Picasso Museum (11€ per person, 2017 prices). We will skip the lines.
- Taxi ride in case you want me to pick you up at your hotel. Otherwise all the tour is a walking tour.
I don't drive in my tours, but I can arrange for private transportation with car companies that I rely on.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We wre extremely happy with the Picasso oriented tour that Laura provided for us. She is very knowkegeable about the art culture in Barcelona in general (including some hidden contmpirary treasures) and Pucasso in particular. After providing us with a physical orientation to Picasso's life in Barcelona including a stop for expresso in a cafe where he hung out we proceeded to the Picasso Museum where she provided a very interesting curation of the collection. Laura was very pleasant, punctual, and engaging
Jane Howard Martin