A tour that combines history, delicious local produce and a picnic
Do you like to try delicious local produce, enjoy the fresh air and a friendly chat while walking through some uncrowded streets, discovering markets and lovely small charming shops? Then this tour is definitively for you.
We will buy an array of local and seasonal produce, including fresh fruit and veggies, cheese and other delicacies, amazing olive oil, the best bread in town, great wine and sweet treats. And then, enjoy it all in a beautiful and almost secret garden with lovely views of the river.
* This tour is available from Wednesday to Saturday since the market and some of the local shops will not open on the remaining days.
* The food options can be adapted to different diets, just let me know in advance.
The tour will take you through some lovely shops to make sure you get the tastiest products, also a stroll through the Ribeira Market for the freshest fruit, veggies, wine and other treats.
We will then take a tram ride and enjoy all the delicious food at the beautiful "Tapada das Necessidades" garden in the Alcântara neighborhood.
* Please take into consideration that if the weather does not allow for a picnic a creative alternative will be discussed with you.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: We will meet in Chiado.
End location: The tour will end in the garden Tapada das Necessidades where it is easy to get a taxi to any part of the city.
Duration: 3 hours
The ideal would be to start the tour around 10h30 or 11h am and then have the picnic for lunch.
We will be walking and taking one of the old trams of the city.
- Food and drinks for the picnic that will allow you to taste a variety of products, including tradicional pastries, Portuguese cheese and charcuterie, artisan bread, olive oil, seasonal fruits and vegetables, wine.
- One tram ride.
- Historical information on the locations we'll pass by.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 euros - Since we will be going to some interesting shops, you might have the perfect opportunity to take delicious souvenirs home with you.
All food and drinks not to be consumed in the picnic and that you may want to buy extra or to take home.
I am not a driver but I can arrange for a car and driver.