Private Tour from San Francisco to beautiful Yosemite and the Old West
This customized adventurous tour is located on the western slope of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. It will allow you to go back in time and visit the old west and see the beauty and stunning scenery of the California mother lode region.
We can visit the living historic gold rush town of Columbia, the giant sequoias of Calaveras Big Trees S. P. , the "movie railroad" Railtown 1897 State Park or walk through the beautiful underground Mercer Cavern.
On to breathtaking Yosemite, from the waterfalls, mountains, and soaring views to the lakes, forests and wildlife, you are sure to find something that everyone in your group will love. A typical day can include a short, easy hike to Yosemite falls, or a moderate hike up the granite rock staircase to Vernal falls. Relax in El Capitan meadow with a pair of binoculars and watch the pros scaling its daunting granite face. The valley options are numerous and we will find the activities that best suit you.
- San Francisco hotel or prearranged pick-up location
- Mercer Caverns
- City of Murphys for lunch
- Calaveras Big Trees State Park
- Ironstone Vineyard Museum
- Columbia State Historic Park
- Railtown 1897 State Historic Park
- City of Groveland for dinner
- Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias
- Yosemite area hotel for check-in
- Hotel pick up
Spend the day in Yosemite Valley
Choices in the valley:
- Nature walks, swimming, 16 hiking trails in the valley
- Happy Isles nature center, Yosemite Valley visitor center
- Ranger led walks and talks
- Camera walks with Ansel Adams gallery staff photographers
- Lunch in the valley
- Dinner on the return drive
- Return to your San Francisco Hotel or prearranged location
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: SAN FRANCISCO hotel, or prearranged pick-up location.
End location: SAN FRANCISCO hotel, or prearranged pick-up location.
Duration: 2 days
Due to the weather or traffic the length of the tour may vary slightly.
Adding additional activities will also lengthen our trip.
Comfortable air-conditioned Chevrolet Tahoe.
- My time & service as your local guide
- Transportation, fuel
- Bridge tolls
- Bottled water
- State & National Park admission fees and permits
- Unlimited smiles
Estimated Local Cash Needed
160 USD - 20 USD - Mercer Cavern guided walking tour
140 USD - We will stop for meals along the route, options exist in different price ranges.
- Lodging costs 200-350 USD (1 night) and would be determined in advance. I'd be happy to provide advice on options.
- Meals / drinks
- Souvenirs and/or Incidentals
GOLD COUNTRY OPTIONS: (additional cost)
- Stage coach rides
- Gold panning
- Old time photos
- Additional museums
- Winery and hard cider tasting
YOSEMITE OPTIONS: (additional cost)
- Raft rental
- Bike rental
I am not allowed to guide inside museums, state parks etc. due to local restrictions.
Pets may not be welcome as they are not allowed on trails inside many park areas.