The environmentalist's adventure trip with culinary aromas and wine colours
Ezousa Valley lays right in the middle of Paphos district. It stretches from Paphos forest mountain all the way down to the seafront. It preserves one of the most important fauna and flora habitat of the area.
The Episkopi Environmental information centre is a state of the art institution. It presents the valley's ecosystem thus making us understand the surrounding environment. You will watch a short, well presented video.
Tour itinerary goes through the most beautiful landscapes of Ezousa Valley. We will visit two boutique wineries, meet and chat with the wine makers and get introduced to their wine making philosophy. You will taste rare, indigenous grape varieties like Xinisteri, Promara, Morokanella, Mavro and Maratheftiko. We will also visit a Halloumi cheese production unit to sample some of their products. We will stay approx. 45min-1 hour at each venue.
There are limitless options for lunch and other wishes of yours to see more on your trip.
Read below for more info about the tour.
How will this experience evolve:
- Start from Limassol port or an other place that suits you best.
- Stop at Episkopi village 'kafenio' (local coffee shop and community social club) for a quick coffee break, under the island's biggest monolith rock. Stunning photography opportunities.
- Visit the Environmental Information Centre to find out about the valley's unique geology, its flora and fauna exhibited at the botanical garden and stroll along the fascinating museum.
- Drive around the Ezousa Valley to visit 2 Wineries and a Halloumi cheese producer, depending on your guide's choice and availability.
Options for Wineries:- Tsalapatis, Macarounas, Tsangarides, La Croix, Kalamos, Ezousa Winery.
- lunch at a traditional tavern in one of the villages in the valley.
- Back to Limassol port or any other place you choose.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station (Old Port Bus Stop), Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: PLEASE NOTE: The tour may start at Episkopi Village, Paphos, In which case the price will be reduced. Please contact me to arrange a customised version of the tour.
Duration: 7 hours 30 min.
The duration may depend on traffic or weather.
Total driving time around 3 hrs
I will use my own Toyota Raum 2008 - very comfortable and fully air-conditioned.
Suitable for persons with disabilities.
For a bigger group I can customize this tour and rent a minivan.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 Euro - Approximately for lunch, souvenirs and personal purchases.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks