Shakespeare's home town + the City of dreaming spires + a drive across the Cotswolds
1) Stratford-upon-Avon: is all about William Shakespeare. His birthplace, home base and burial space are all on my walking tour. This very pleasant ancient market town is, in fact, full of Shakespeare related sights - all on our walk through the old town centre. We'll probably stop for a light lunch at one of Stratford's many cafe's.
2) The Cotswolds: is on our route to Oxford. We'll drive across the edge of one of England's famous rural areas, taking in some lovely old villages as we go. If time allows we may stop in Bladon to see Winston Churchill's grave.
3) Oxford: is the 'city of dreaming spires', medieval colleges and some rather significant old buildings. My walk will encompass the history, architecture and people - lots of people - who were made by Oxford and helped make its name.
Tour: Monday - Thursday only. This tour is done in the Jeep.
08. 00: Meet at your hotel/accommodation
10. 30: Arrive Stratford-upon-Avon. Guided Walk + Light Lunch
12. 30: Leave Stratford-upon-Avon
14. 00: Arrive Oxford. Guided Walk
16. 00: Leave Oxford
I'm your driver and guide in Stratford-upon-Avon and Oxford.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your hotel/accommodation. Anywhere in central London (aka Zone 1). Extra charges may apply if different.
End location: Your hotel/accommodation. Anywhere in central London (aka Zone 1). Extra charges may apply if different.
Duration: 10 hours
8.00am - 6.00pm
Times are approximate: traffic, time of year etc.
The vehicle is my Jeep (2014 - see pictures). I'll pick you up from your central London hotel/accommodation and end the tour anywhere in central London.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 GBP - Per person approx: Lunch, tea. Souvenirs extra.
- Food, Drinks, Snacks