Metropolitan Orlando is a sprawling region where, away from the theme parks, you'll find adrenaline-pumping adventures, charming small towns, soothing springs and mysterious rivers, exotic wildlife, miles of beachfront, and America's portal into space. Perhaps that's why it's the most popular travel destination in America's most touristed state -- the first city in American history to welcome more than 60 million visitors. Naturally, the majority of those visitors were drawn here by seven of the world's Top Ten theme parks, but as you'll see from my tour descriptions, there's far more to Orlando and Central Florida than twirling teacups and cartoon characters.
Whether you'd prefer to spend a day at Disney, explore the Space Coast, or take a motorcycle tour on some remote two-lane roads, my background as a travel writer specializing in Florida destinations will help make your visit one you'll never forget.
A Recent Review of this guide
When initially planning our trip to KSC, we were just looking for transport to/from our hotel. But then we discovered Gary's private tour and decided to take that instead. This proved a fortuitous decision because with Gary as our personal guide we were able to gain much more for our visit to the Space Center than if we had gone by ourselves. Gary's in-depth knowledge and passion of the space program makes the subject matter come to life. I would unhesitatingly recommend Gary's KSC tour to anyone.
• Former Cast Member, Walt Disney World: Ferryboat pilot, Jungle Cruise skipper, steam train conductor, desk clerk (Disney Inn), improv comedian (Italian pavilion, Epcot).
• Writer, Walt Disney World: Contributing writer in the development of promotions, shows, special events, publications, attractions.
• VISIT FLORIDA: On-camera talent and writer for the state's tourism division. Blogs, articles, and videos focus on rural and remote destinations, history, and adventure throughout the state.
• Travel Writer & Author: Florida specialist with features appearing in newspapers, magazines, and books published by Fodor's, AAA, AA, Rand McNally, AOL, Budget Travel and many others.
• Motojournalist: Author of the nation's best-selling two-wheel travel guide, 'Great American Motorcycle Tours', and National Geographic's 'USA 101' and 'Ten Best of Everything: National Parks'.
• WorldStrides tour guide in Washington, DC (licensed) and Orlando.
Motorcycle tours will require guests to possess a valid motorcycle endorsement on their license.