Step off your ship and immerse yourself in a day of Irish history, folklore, culture and craic!
Take the stress out of planning the Dublin leg of your cruise by enjoying your pre-planned One Day in Dublin.
Let me meet you as you disembark and bring you straight to the centre of Dublin's medieval historic heart.
This tour is designed so that you can experience as much as possible of what Dublin has to offer in your precious few hours. The general itinerary should offer you an insight into the history of Dublin, Ireland and the role we've played internationally. If you're interested in sport, music, food or literature let me know and I'll tailor the tour for you. Otherwise, you'll get a broad view of everything we have to offer.
As this is a full day tour, we'll stop for lunch at some point. We will discuss the options, but you'll always eat well here. We will also take in one visitor attraction of your choice, let's chat about what's on offer and if entry prices are due.
As daylight dwindles, I'll make sure you are safely returned aboard with plenty of warm memories of your brief time in Dublin.
I'll meet you at your ship, then it's a quick trip up the quays to where the Vikings first dropped anchor. We'll be sure to take in. . .
- Christchurch Cathedral
- Dublin Castle
- Temple Bar
- The Ha'Penny Bridge
- Moore Street Market
- The Garden of Remberance
- O' Connell Street
- The G. P. O.
- The Abbey Theatre
- The Customs House
- The Famine Memorial
- O' Connell Bridge
- (Trinity College if permitted)
- Merrion Square
- St. Stephen's Green
- Grafton & George's Street area
Of course we'll stop for a bite somewhere. I have plenty of recommendations. We'll also be taking in at least one of our better known attractions. Some are free like the National Museums, others unfortunately have an entry fee, like the Cathedrals, Guinness, the Distilleries and the Book of Kells. Let's discuss our options before you book the tour.
Let's have a wonderful one day in Dublin!
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you in the parking area beside where your ship docks.
End location: Back to the cruise terminal.
Duration: 7 hours
The duration of this tour can be cut down if you are feeling tired or your ship is close to departing.
Guests will be met at the Cruise Terminal by myself and prearranged business class transport into the city centre. (Mercedes-Benz E-Class, BMW 5 Series, Cadillac XTS
The days sightseeing will be enjoyed on foot, of course at a leisurely pace.
Return transport to Dublin Port is included.
- My time and service as your local guide
- Pick up and drop off at cruise terminal in Dublin Port (Mercedes-Benz E-Class, BMW 5 Series, Cadillac XTS
or similar). For larger groups, suitable executive transport will be available.
- Expert local recommendations for food and evening hotspots
- First-hand advice for future travel outside of Dublin (routes, stops etc)
- Guide fluent in Dublinese
- Guide that can take a good stab at regional accents
- Welcomes discussion on religion and politics
- An honest "warts n' all" approach to your tour. I'd like you to appreciate the real Dublin
- All facts can be verified by Google, and all opinions are my own.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 Euro - - Refreshment stop €3-5
- Soup & sandwich €5-9
- Larger lunch €10-18
- Price is based on two persons booking. There will be an extra supplement to cover business class transportation for larger groups. Please message me to discuss
- Unlikely potential fares for supplementary transport
- Lunch and refreshments
- Possible entry fees into attractions
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.
We may have difficulties guiding through the grounds of my alma mater, Trinity College. We'll play it by ear though.