Full day tour to Nizwa Fort, Bahla Fort, and Jabrin Castle
Today we are going to drive out of Muscat and visit three of Oman best fortresses:
- Nizwa Fort built in 17th century and it is Omani's most visited national monument. The main bulk of the fort took about 12 years to complete and was built above an underground stream. The fort is a powerful reminder of the town's significance through turbulent periods in Omani's long history.
- Jabrin Castle built in 1670 is one of the finest and most picturesque fort in Oman. It was among the few that have been designed as a residence and has been restored in its full glory reflecting the remarkable Omani tradition. This is characterized by magnificently decorated ceilings subtly painted with flowering curves and flower patterns.
- Bahla Fort built in 13th-14th centuries is one of four historic fortresses situated at the foot of Jebel Akhdar.
Today in the program:
- visit to Nizwa Fort and souq
- visit to Bahla Fort
- visit to Jabrin Castle
The tour is operating every day except Friday.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Airport, Sea Port or Main lobby of the hotel in Muscat.
End location: Airport, Sea Port or Main lobby of the hotel in Muscat.
Duration: 8 hours
This tour operates with 4WD car "Toyota Land Cruiser".
- Admissions to the forts and castle
- My services as a tour guide
- Car with fuel and air-condition
- Mineral water
- Local taxes
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 OMR - Souvenirs, gifts and handicrafts.
- Any food you may need during the tour
- Any personal expenses
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Excellent guide. English excellent. We had a full eight hour trip to the forts from our cruise ship. Saw lots of the successful country. Always was helpful and accommodating.