Two UNESCO sites in one day. Day away from tourists crowded places. Renaissance castle and Pearl of central Moravia.
When you get tired in Prague, come and discover OLOMOUC.
According to the Lonely Planet guide Secret Europe: "The most beautiful city in the Czech Republic". And everyone who visited Olomouc will agree with it.
On the way to Olomouc we will stop at Litomysl.
The dominant of Litomysl is the UNESCO heritage renaissance castle dating from 16th century. My town is also the birthplace of the Czech national composer, Bedrich Smetana. Every summer there is one of the biggest classic music festivals in Czech Republic - the International Opera Festival: Smetana's Litomysl.
- Pick up at your hotel in Prague.
- Drive east on D11/E35 through Czech and Moravian countryside
At Litomysl we will see an old town hall of Gothic origin and a series of Renaissance and baroque houses with archway
- walk in the Castle gardens, arcades and courtyards with figural sgraffito decorations. Optional tour of representation rooms and unique in-house theatre.
- For lunch we will stop at one of many great local restaurants
When we arrive in Olomouc our tour will start at Lower Square
- Jupiter's Fountain
- Marian plague column
- Neptune's Fountain
From there we will walk to Upper Square where are
- Arion's, Hercules' and Caesar's Fountain
- Holy Trinity Column - UNESCO monument
- Town Hall with Astronomical Clock
- St Wenceslas' Cathedral
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up at your hotel in Prague
End location: Drop of at your hotel in Prague
Duration: 10 hours
We will get around on foot and by car. Transport by Car - NISSAN Note 2011 - great leg room at rear seats. Safe, modern air-conditioned vehicle - great for long journeys
My services as your own personal guide to Litomysl and Olomouc. Transport by car.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
400 CZK - Optional entry fees to the castle or museums
Entrance fees noted above
Meals, drinks, and personal purchases