Learn, hear, and feel interesting history of Quebec City and Canada in your driving and walking private tour
I would gladly introduce you to one of the most beautiful cities in the world! You will be exposed to the history of Quebec City - the cradle of future Canada.
During our walk in Quebec City, I will show you some great places and views like: Chateau Frontenac - the most photographed hotel in the world; Cap Diamant, Place Royale, Monasteries, Cathedrals, Montmorency Falls, which marked the history of Quebec. And much more. . .
After the Old Quebec tour, I propose a visit to the Île d'Orléans and taste something unique, like Ice Wine or Ice Cider. Would you like to learn the secrets of their production? Have you ever tasted Black Current Mustard, Vinegar, etc? If so, join me in this tour!
The maps and the pictures I use will help you to understand and to imagine all the historical events.
- Place Royale where, in 1608, Quebec City was found
- Petit Champlain
- Chateau Frontenac - one of the most beautiful and famous hotels in the world, which received King George VI and Queen Elizabeth II, Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill, Alfred Hitchcock and many other prominent guests;
- Dufferin Terrace with its great Saint-Laurence River view;
- Basilica Notre-Dame-de-Quebec with its Saint Door - the only one on the continent;
- Plains of Abraham, where a 20-minute battle changed the history of the whole continent;
- Parliament Building (in 2017 we celebrated 225 years of Parliament system in Canada) and Tourny Fountain;
- Montmorency Falls (30 meters higher than Niagara Falls)
- Orleans Island, three tasting destinations: Cassis Monna et Filles, Winery Île de Bacchus and Cidrerie Bilodeau.
For a prolonged tour or for seeing more places, please inquire for a customised tour.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 5 hours
Comfortable air-conditioned Mercedes R-550, 5 (max. 6) passengers + driver
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 CAD - - Old Quebec Funicular fee - 3 $ per person
- Montmorency Falls Park parking fee - 15 $ per vehicle
- Tasting fee - 0 to 15 $ per person (optional - to be discussed)
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Elena was a terrific guide. She was very attentive to our needs and desires during the tour. Her car was very comfortable. It was well worth the time and price.