Other, Museums / Culture, City
Kid Friendly: Yes. Yes, kids will have a good time if they like to walk, explore and discover!
Maximum travelers: 6
English (fluent), French (fluent), German (advanced), Portuguese (advanced), Spanish (fluent)
Discover the old city, where everything started!
Paris has more than 2000 years of history, and this tour is a great way to explore and discover the old traces of the city!
We start at the Louvre, then cross over the River Seine and visit St. Germain de Prés (full of modern art galleries in old narrow streets, cafes, restaurants and boutiques you will love this part of the city. )
In the Latin Quartier, we will discover some of the oldest roman ruins of Paris! Cross the river again to Ile de la Cite where the amazing Notre Dame cathedral stands and finish in Ile Saint-Louis.
You will discover:
- parts of the Louvre's* origins and history
- Arc de Triomphe du Carrusel
- Pyramid of the Louvre*
- Pont des Arts (old love bridge)
- narrow streets of Saint Germain de Pres
- boutiques, bakeries, pastry shops, cafes, bars, chocolateries, etc. . .
- memories of the French revolution
- Hotel de Cluny*
- Roman ruins*
- Notre Dame Cathedral
We will finish the walk behind the cathedral where you will find a lovely island called: Ile de Saint Louis. Perfect place to rest and enjoy the view of the old Paris.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At exit of metro station "Palais Royal - Musée du Louvre" (line 1 & 7) located at the "Place du Palais Royal"
* If you would prefer me to meet you at your hotel or any other address in Paris please let me know so I can customize this tour for you.
End location: Ile de St. Louis
* If you would prefer to finalize the tour at any other place in Paris please let me know so I can customize this tour for you.
Duration: 4 hours
Just weather can affect the duration of the tour.
We will only walk during this tour
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 Euros - For a coffee break if you wish to
I do not offer museum tours.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We thoroughly enjoyed our tour of Old, Old Charming Paris!!! Merci beaucoup!!!!