Suburb and countryside Private Tour
Before booking a tour, please ask me if I am available on that day. It could be an Ancestors' Tour.
* The Old King's road is one of the first country road north of Mexico. Now a days it's an open-air museum, a narrow street of 550 beautiful 18th-century wooden or field stones' homestead. Many heritage structures and sites can be seen such as a flour mill and the first pilgrimage site in the province of Quebec.
* An historical district where you may see old Quebecer's houses and few Victorian Homes.
* Beaupré coast is an agricultural settlement where you may see farms animals. You will hear about the French Seigniorial system. This way of colonization of lands was deeply-rooted in our ancestors' mind.
Along this road there is 22 vegetable cellars and many bread ovens. You will learn about the king's daughters' life with their families.
* If you want, we may visit the Legends and Woodcarving Museum, the Copper Art Museum, and see the Baker's Inn.
* The Old King's road
* An Historical district : Victorian Homes of the 20th century, a historical wall painting depicting the life of people in this borough, a convent built at the end of the 18 hundreds, the field stone presbytery in French Provincial Style, an old rectory, a neo-gothic church with a medieval style main altar, and so much more.
* The Montmorency falls
* The old wooden and field stones Quebecer's houses, the French Seigniorial System of farm lands.
* If times allows it, we may visit the woodcarving and legends museum.
* We will eat maple butter on a fresh piece of bread, in a 300 years old house that belongs to Mary and her fourth-generation family.
* We will visit the Sainte-Anne-de Beaupré Basilica, its crypt, and if you wish, its memorial chapel.
Then we could head to the Copper Art Museum.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel or anywhere within the city limits ( more or less 20 kilometers), then we will start the car tour.
End location: Anywhere in Quebec City.
Duration: 4 hours
This kind of tour could be at different times of the day but around 8 or 9 AM would be the best time, because the streets are not too crowed and also because in the summer, it's not hot in the morning.
My own Honda Touring Car.
Please note that there is two kinds of Car Tours, a Step on guide tour in your car OR a Car Tour in my car.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 CAD - If the tour start at 9 AM, 9:30 or 10 o'clock, you may want to eat a small snack, or if you decide to buy souvenirs or small gifts.
If you choose a Walking Tour, I can have up to 12 people during the tour.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Our day with Diane was the highlight of our trip. She went out of her way to show us the actual house my ancestors lived in. She did the research on her own. She is like a personal friend showing you her city.