Suburb and countryside Private Tour
* The Old King's road is one of the first country road north of Florida. Now a days it's an open-air museum, a narrow street of 550 beautiful 18th-century wooden or field stones' homestead. Many ancestral buildings can be seen such as a flour mill and the first sanctuary site in the province of Quebec.
* A historical district where you will learn about the King's Daughters' life with their families. You will enjoy seeing a wall painting that illustrates major events that occurs in this town, and see few Victorian Homes.
* Beaupré coast is an agricultural settlement where you may see farms animals. You will hear about the French Seigniorial system. This way of colonization of lands was deeply-rooted in our ancestors' mind.
Along this road there is 22 vegetable cellars and many bread ovens.
* The Legends and Woodcarving Museum, the Copper Art Museum, and see the Baker's Inn.
* It could be an Ancestors' Tour.
* The Old King's road
* A Historical district founded in the 1600's : You will appreciate to see Victorian Homes of the 20th century, a historical wall painting depicting the life of people in this borough, a convent built at the end of the 18 hundreds, a neo-gothic church, a field stone building in French Provincial Style, and so much more.
* The Montmorency falls
* The old wooden and field stones Quebecer's houses, the French Seigniorial System of farm lands.
* If times allows it, we may visit the woodcarving and legends museum.
* We will eat maple butter on a fresh piece of bread, in a 300 years old house that belongs to Mary and her fourth-generation family.
* We will visit the Sainte-Anne-de Beaupré Basilica, its crypt, and if you wish, its memorial chapel.
Then we could head to the Copper Art Museum.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 4 hours
This kind of tour could be done at different times of the day but around 8 or 9 AM would be the best time, because the streets are not too crowded and also because in the summer, it's not hot in the morning.
My own Honda Car.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 CAD - If the tour start at 9 AM, 9:30 or 10 o'clock, you may want to eat a small snack, or if you decide to buy souvenirs or small gifts.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
If you choose a Walking Tour, I can have up to 12 people during the tour.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Our day with Diane was the highlight of our trip. She went out of her way to show us the actual house my ancestors lived in. She did the research on her own. She is like a personal friend showing you her city.