Suburb and countryside Private Tour
It could be an Ancestors' Tour.
* The Old King's road is one of the first country road north of Florida. Now a days it's an open-air museum, a narrow street of 550 beautiful 18th-century wooden or field stones' homestead. Many ancestral buildings can be seen such as a flour mill and the first pilgrimage site in the province of Quebec.
* We will also visit an historical district where you will learn about the King's Daughters' life with their families. You will enjoy seeing a wall painting that illustrates major events that occurs in this town, and see old Quebecer's houses and few Victorian Homes.
* Beaupré coast is an agricultural settlement where you may see farms animals. You will hear about the French Seigniorial system. This way of colonization of lands was deeply-rooted in our ancestors' mind.
Along this road there is 22 vegetable cellars and many bread ovens.
* If you want, we may visit the Legends and Woodcarving Museum, the Copper Art Museum, and see the Baker's Inn.
* The Old King's road
* An Historical district : Victorian Homes of the 20th century, a historical wall painting depicting the life of people in this borough, a convent built at the end of the 18 hundreds, the field stone presbytery in French Provincial Style, an old rectory, a neo-gothic church with a medieval style main altar, and so much more.
* The Montmorency falls
* The old wooden and field stones Quebecer's houses, the French Seigniorial System of farm lands.
* If times allows it, we may visit the woodcarving and legends museum.
* We will eat maple butter on a fresh piece of bread, in a 300 years old house that belongs to Mary and her fourth-generation family.
* We will visit the Sainte-Anne-de Beaupré Basilica, its crypt, and if you wish, its memorial chapel.
Then we could head to the Copper Art Museum.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 4 hours
This kind of tour could be done at different times of the day but around 8 or 9 AM would be the best time, because the streets are not too crowded and also because in the summer, it's not hot in the morning.
My own Honda Touring Car.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 CAD - If the tour start at 9 AM, 9:30 or 10 o'clock, you may want to eat a small snack, or if you decide to buy souvenirs or small gifts.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
If you choose a Walking Tour, I can have up to 12 people during the tour.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
My wife and I had a wonderful, relaxed and educational day with Diane. We were never rushed and she had excellent knowledge about this beautiful place. She was clearly personally familiar with some of the artists we visited and through that connection made us feel very much at home. I would recommend her if someone is looking for an intimate personal tour of Quebec City and the surrounding area. If you come in late October be sure to bundle up for the weather.. We had such great fun with Diane!