Beauport's borough and countryside Private Tour
Before booking a tour, please ask me if I am available on that day. It could be an Ancestors' Tour.
* The Old King's road is one of the first country road north of Mexico. Now a days it's an open-air museum, a narrow street of beautiful 18th-century wooden or field stones' homestead. Many heritage structures and sites can be seen such as a flour mill and the first pilgrimage site in the province of Quebec.
* The historical district of Beauport has over 550 old Quebecer's houses and few Victorian Homes.
* Beaupré coast is an agricultural settlement where you may see farms animals. You will hear about the French Seigniorial system. This way of colonization of lands was deeply-rooted in our ancestors' mind.
Along this road there is 22 bread ovens and many vegetable cellars and so much more. You will learn about the king's daughters' life with their families.
* If you want, we may visit the Legends and Woodcarving Museum, the Copper Art Museum, and see the Baker's Inn.
* The Old King's road
* The Beauport Historical district : Victorian Homes of the 20th century, a historical wall painting depicting the life of people in Beauport's Borough, a convent built at the end of the 18 hundreds, the field stone presbytery in French Provincial Style, an old rectory, a neo-gothic church with a medieval style main altar, and so much more.
* The Montmorency falls
* The old wooden and field stones Quebecer's houses, the French Seigniorial System of farm lands.
* If times allows it, we may visit the woodcarving and legends museum.
* We will eat maple butter on a fresh piece of bread, in a 300 years old house that belongs to Mary and her fourth-generation family.
* We will visit the Sainte-Anne-de Beaupré Basilica, its crypt, and if you wish, its memorial chapel, the way of the cross. Then we could head to the Copper Art Museum.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel or anywhere within the city limits ( more or less 20 kilometers), then we will start the car tour.
End location: Anywhere in Quebec City.
Duration: 4 hours
This kind of tour could be at different times of the day but around 8 or 9 AM would be the best time, because the streets are not too crowed and also because in the summer, it's not hot in the morning.
My own Honda Touring Car.
Please note that there is two kinds of Car Tours, a Step on guide tour in your car OR a Car Tour in my car.
My service as a guide and a driver with my own car.
The home made piece of bread with real maple spread.
* * Be sure you will learn a lot about the king's daughters and their way or life.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 CAD - If the tour start at 9 AM, 9:30 or 10 o'clock, you may want to eat a small snack, or if you decide to buy souvenirs or small gifts.
You are responsible for purchasing any items of a personal nature related to shopping, souvenirs, snacks, coffee, juice, pop and restaurant meals.
If you choose a Walking Tour, I can have up to 12 people during the tour.
There is two kinds of Car Tour, I can used my own car OR
I can be a Step on guide in your car or rented car.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Our tour guide, Diane B. , was wonderful! She was very nice, very knowledgeable of the history of the area, and went above and beyond doing additional research on our ancestors who were settlers in Quebec City area. Our tour with her exceeded our expectations, and we were very pleased. Thank you Diane ��