Visit the hidden treasures of Budapest! - private tour
An exciting mixture of everything!
On this tour we will visit mainly those places, which would be very difficult to find on your own.
Very often these treasures hide in picturesque or quirky small streets, which have special athmosphere.
Great for taking photos, and definitely more of a personal touch!
You will be surprised and amazed, how much beauty there is here. Many of the buildings or places even the locals do not know, and typical tour groups do not visit them, although they are definitely worth seeing.
After this 4 hour tour you will come away with a much stronger sense of Budapest, its history and culture.
***This tour is conducted by Public transit. Private transportation can be arranged up to your request. If you prefer to have a private car or Van, 'Ask a question' and I'll provide full quotation for your tailor-made experience of Budapest***
We will start the day briefly discussing your interests and setting your personal itinerary for the day. There are many places to choose from:
- a CHARMING HIDDEN NEIGHBOURHOOD, not far from the Basilica, where you can see one of the most beautiful ART NOUVEAU buildings of Budapest. In the summer months we can also enjoy a coffee at a ROOFTOP TERRACE with amazing views. You can also learn a lot about COMMUNIST HISTORY there (Russian Monument, American Embassy, . . . )
- the PALACE QUARTER of Pest (NOT the same as the Castle District!), with great architecture, former aristocrat palaces and many interesting stories behind
- the JEWISH DISTRICT with the three synagogues. We can also visit a RUIN BAR with very special athmosphere!
- a unique and unusual CAVE CHURCH inside a hill
- the GREAT MARKET HALL, a place always bustling with life
- The famous "SHOES BY THE DANUBE" Memorial
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: usually hotel/ boat lobby
End location: Up to you, we can go back to your hotel or you can stay in the city center wherever it is convenient for you
Duration: 4 hours
We can walk in this tour and if you get tired we can use the public transport,too. The sights are pretty close to one another.
Of course I can arrange a car, as well, in this case you will have the chance to see even more!
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5000 Huf - roughly 20 usd - this covers public transport pass, entrance fees
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Part of a two-day tour, which we've already rated.