Initially I started as a translator (1998), then interpreter, and finally a guide and jack-of-all-trades for my customers.
It is far more than translation that I offer now: I provide full service to a newcomer in Ukraine as well as to someone who has been around. This includes but is not limited to: helping to get around, finding accommodation, providing transportation, advising on local customs and ways, telling interesting facts and history, showing historical sites, objects of interest, sights, museums, making tours, arranging communication, hiring cars and acting as your driver if necessary, looking for people on your behalf (relatives, friends, business partners, etc), introducing to Jewish/Greek/other heritage, researching genealogy and many other activities and needs you may have. So I am the ultimate guide, your assistant and aide, and sometimes even a bodyguard while you are in Ukraine. You can count on me whatever you are interested in:
• sightseeing, tourism, holiday-making, exploring culture, enjoying nature
• business, marketing
• genealogy, history, ancestry, searching for people
• romance, dating
• just having fun, eating out, clubbing, etc.
I am always available unless I am busy with another customer and should you have an emergency or a non-standard situation I will do my best to help you out.
I have two homes: Odessa (where I was born) and the Crimea, and I shuttle back and forth every several weeks or months. More than that, I have been to nearly all 25 of Ukraine's major towns and many smaller places, and I work anywhere you need me in Ukraine. While Odessa, Simferopol, Sevastopol, Nikolayev, Kiev are the towns that I visit the most often and know quite well, I have been to Kharkov, Kerch, Cherkassy, Lvov, Uzhgorod, Zaporozhie, Yalta, Dnepropetrovsk, Kherson, Uman, Vinnitsa, Zhitomir, Poltava, etc. ; often more than once, and I can find my way around and help you too anywhere in Ukraine.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CUSTOMERS (MUST READ AND UNDERSTAND):
1. My cars are NOT air-conditioned. They are CLASSICAL CARS from 1960s. To see a photo of my 1968 Volga please click on 'View Photos' underneath my Profile picture. If it is a problem I can arrange another car (extra, in cash).
2. While driving I cannot talk and show sights as usual because I have to concentrate on driving.
3. When walking together in the town, do not get behind and stretch around; stay as close to me and others as possible.
4. Make sure you all agree with your fellow travelers.
5. I cannot be held responsible if there is a problem with external services like taxis, restaraunts, museums, etc. I do my best to make sure everything is smooth. But if something is not my fault, it is really NOT.
6. If you are interested in particular details about a certain place please let me know in advance so that I can research it. I may not know all particulars about any location when asked off-hand. A guide is not a Doctor of Science in history!
7. Let me know how I can recognize you and also remember my photo. Please make sure there is no misunderstanding about the meeting location. If you want me to have a sign with your name please let me know. Normally I avoid signs for security reasons. If you cannot see me within 5 minutes after the appointed time, call me directly. Also, let me know your mobile number.
8. Tipping is not mandatory and is not expected. In Ukraine you only tip if you actually like the service a lot. However, it is best to leave a good review here instead.
9. Finally, please understand that this is Tours By LOCALS, and you should not expect everything to be like at home. Some things may be quite different, but please bear with that.
A Recent Review of this guide
Igor is an excellent guide and a person who helped me to plan and execute the tour. It was a pleasure to go around in his vintage car. I especially recommend the catacombs museum. Probably i will meet him again for some other tours in ukraine. Thanks to tours by local to give us this experience.
- Certificate of Odessa State School of Foreign Languages, English Department, graduated in 1999;
- Certificate of the Guide School at Odessa National Economics University, graduated in 2011;
- Guide License 0113-2016 issued by Odessa Municipal Tourism Department.
1. My car has no A/C.
2. Call me if you don't see me within 5 min.
3. No responsibility for 3rd parties.
4. May not know everything about some places.
5. Cannot be a guide while driving.
6. Walk close to me.
7. Please agree with your mates on everything.