Walk the Waikoa Trail and enjoy the stunning beauty of Kilauea
This is a wonderful guided day trip for everyone who likes to walk and enjoy the beauty of the north shore on Kauai (family friendly). This is also a very 'romantic' tour perfect for couples.
Kilauea is a very friendly area on the North shore of Kauai. Lush and light with a lot of beautiful places to visit. We will explore the area around the Namahana Mountain including the Waikoa Loop trail. During the hike, you'll pass through the Kilauea Food Forest and then the largest mahogany plantation in North America. You'll enjoy beautiful views of the Namahana Mountains, which means the twin branches in Hawaiian. We will pass by the historic Stone Dam and the old Waikoa plantation. The plantation sits between two rivers which are still flowing and shows the abundance of fresh water in this area. On our way our of Waikoa we will visit a few special spots few tourists will come across and we will end our tour at one of the most stunning beaches on the North shore.
- I will pick you up and we will head into Kilauea to start with the Waikoa Loop trail including a 30 min rest at the Stone dam. This is a great place to just listen to the water and stretch out on the grass.
- Than we will finish the walk and pass by at the Kauai Farmacy. This place is a real insider and you will be able to taste the most incredible natural and organic teas. A gem of a place.
- Afterwards we will head into the sweet little town of Kilauea to find some lunch. on our way back to Kilauea Town.
- Refreshed we can either walk or drive up to the Seacliff look out. This is a private residence open to the public. Not many people know this place and it will give you stunning views of the north shore coast and the Kilauea Lighthouse.
- Than we will drive down to Secrets Beach and end our tour with a jump into the ocean or just watching the waves.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will pick you up at your hotel or cruise ship terminal.
End location: I will bring you back to your hotel or cruise ship terminal.
Duration: 6 hours
This includes pick up and drop off.
- We will use a modern and clean rental car or my own vehicle. Cars are air conditioned and comfortable.
- We will walk the Waikoa Loop trail and several other parts of this tour.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 USD - Lunch
I do not have any restrictions in regard to my guiding, I can offer a full range of experiences within the tours I am offering.