Discover Normandy Beaches with a Local Guide
Both moving and fascinating, this day-tour will have you discovering the most popular sites of the Allied Landing in Normandy.
First, we will explain the outstanding military preparation of the Overlord operation.
Then we will stop at :
- Omaha Beach : we will have a walk along the beach and figure out what the young soldiers have experienced
- the American Cemetery, its beautiful marble headstones lined up over the emerald green lawn
- Pointe du Hoc and the Rangers Memorial : the heroic acts of the Rangers and the ground shattered by extremely violent bombardments
- Arromanches : the unbelievable strategy of the artificial "Mulberry" harbours
Please note : this tour is not fitted for people who need details about war material (artillery, weaponry) but for those who want to understand the proceedings of the War and what the soldiers have experienced.
This tour schedule can be completed with other sites if you desire so : Sainte Mère Eglise, Utah Beach, Pegasus Bridge, Commonwealth Cemetery in Bayeux.
9 h 00 : pick up in Bayeux
9 h 30 - 10 h 30 : Pointe du Hoc
11 h 00 - 12h 30 : Omaha Beach and US Cemetery Colleville
13 h 00 - 14 h 00 : lunchtime in Port en Bessin (charming fishing harbour)
14 h 30 - 16 h 00 : Arromanches and the 360° cinema "The 100 Days of Normandy" (20' movie)
16 h 30 : drop off in Bayeux
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel, train station or any address you suggest.
End location: At your hotel, train station or any address you suggest.
Duration: 7 hours 30 min.
A modern A/C taxi with driver
- My guiding as your private guide
- Transportation in a modern A/C vehicle
- Entrance fees to 360 cinema
- Parking tolls
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 EUR - All sites are free of charge (except museums), but you may need to purchase books, souvenirs, or have a quick lunch.
- Lunch and souvenirs
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Did lovely walking tour of two fascinating cities, Rouen and Caen. I wanted to see them both, and it is a bit of a drive between them. But Valerie is a great guide. Patient, knowledgeable and speaks decent English. Good with older children.