Hotel pick-up and drop-off, La Pointe du Hoc, Omaha beach, American cemetery, Arromaches, Juno beach
This is an extended day trip with a panoramic drive starting from Paris. In this tour, you'll experience the important locations that took part in the history of Normandy invasion. Together, we'll explore the cliff of Ponte de Hoc, beaches of Omaha and Juno and the Canadian and American cemeteries. Enjoy a sumptuous lunch at Arromanches on the D-Day Landing beaches in Normandy. All my tours are private and personal. Feel free to tell me what you want and I'll arrange it for you.
1. I'll pick you up at 7 AM from your hotel with one of our cozy vehicles. While enjoying the view towards Normandy, I'll give you an overview of the its history.
2. Our first historic spot will be at the cliff of La Pointe du Hoc which has a view of Omaha beach. You'll learn the significant defense site of World War II Pointe du Hoc Ranger Monument during the war.
3. We'll explore the Omaha beach where you'll be amazed by different monuments, memorials and bunkers as you walk along the coast.
4. I'll take you to the American cemetery of Colleville-sur-mer for a small walking tour of one hour. There is an interesting little museum at the visitor's center that you can check out.
5. We'll grab some lunch at the coastal village of Arromaches where mussels is their specialty. Perfect for seafood lovers!
6. Our last stop will be the Juno beach and the Canadian landing sectors. You'll see some old war vehicles and last prominent bunkers.
7. We'll drive back to Paris as we pass through the historic village of Caen.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel
End location: At your hotel
Duration: 12 hours
Kia Optima = 1 to 3 seater
Renault Espace / Mercedes Viano = 4 to 7 seater
This tour combines driving and walking, travelers are advised to wear comfortable walking shoes for this activity.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 Euros - Meals
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Milan took us on an adventure from our flat in Paris through the countryside and to the sites at Normandy. We had a wonderful day and he explained the history and significance of various places along the way as well as details of each stop along the beaches of Normandy and the American cemetery. We enjoyed our day so much!