If you like horses, it's this way - Experiment stud farms & breeding horses
As a land of horses, Normandy is fully enjoyed along its charming small roads, which wind their way through the hedgeg farmland, revealing a stylish village here, a beautiful timber-farmed dwelling there, and further on, some white fencing that points to a stud farm.
If you are passionate about the horse, you will enjoy because the Pays d'Auge in Normandy will deliver all its secrets…
Once again Normandy is the land of the Horse par excellence, the Pays d'Auge is its cradle. This territory is proud to have the studs where the greatest cracs of history are born, raised and trained.
Hidden treasures !
Discovering the legend of horse farms is pushing the doors to :
• See studs, lively foals, beautiful broodmares, perfectly maintained paddocks, authentic landscapes
• Share a passion for the horse, understand the desire to raise future champions, the emotion of pulleys, the adrenaline of racing
• Understand these specific jobs, know-how and the challenges for those stud farms
It is in the morning we will have a better chance of seeing the horses at practice and in the afternoon at rest in the fields…
So we will start from Caen and go directly to visit the fisrt stud farm to see trotters. Then we'll continue our route to see horses for the gallop, stallions ready to sell.
We will enjoy the lunch break with a picnic (optional) in one of a stud farm to enjoy enven more the site.
This part of the tour is flexible: during the afternoon, according to the month, we will have the possibility to attend either jumping or dressage farms, or horseraces in Deauville (sister's city with Lexington, Kentucky) or auctions and the visit of the Horse's Museum (from July 2020) or maybe you wish horse riding.
On the way back we'll go through at least one cute town.
- I can customize this tour according to your wishes. Just let me know.
- I can offer you the lunch with local seasonal products on my great grand mother's plate on a well-dressed table. (contact me)
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port (The main - cruise ship port of Le Havre), Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 8 hours
Depending on how many persons are included for the tour I will use:
- Skoda Octavia model of the 2019 year - up to 3 travelers (Comfortable with A/C)
- Volkswagen Caravelle model of the 2020 year - up to 7 travelers. (Comfortable with A/C)
The price for both the car and the minivan is the same.
In the case of more than 8 travelers, I can customize this tour.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
60 EURO - Approximately per person expenses for the Lunch.
22 euros per person for a picnic lunch.
35 euros per person in the case of restaurants.
Approximately 25 euros for the Horse ride for an hour.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am not a licensed but I do not have any restrictions in regard to my guiding, I can offer a full range of experiences