Visit the only Castle in New-Zealand with a private guide
This 1 day (7 hour) tour showcases the spectacular scenery around Dunedin as well as taking in some highlights of the city.
We start the day traveling via the coastal road to Larnach Castle ( Self Guided Tour of the Castle and the Gardens). Next we leave for the Otago Peninsula stopping on the way for a light lunch. We continue our journey to the top of the Otago Peninsula where we may spot some Royal Albatrosses and other seabirds. On the way back we do a tour of the architectural sights around the city such as the Dunedin Iconic Railway Station, First Church, Octagon, Olveston and onto Baldwin street; the steepest street in the world. Pick up and drop off from your Cruise Ship, tour departs at 9am and finishes at 4pm.
9. 00am : Pick up at Port Chalmers on the Wharf near the Cruise Ship. Travel via the coastal road to Larnach Castle.
10. 15am: Arrive at Larnach Castle. Self guided Tour of the House and Gardens.
11. 30am: Depart Larnach Castle for the village of Portobello, time for lunch or a cup of coffee.
12. 00pm: Drive to the top of the Otago Peninsula to spot wildlife and to wander around the Royal Albatross Colony.
1. 00pm: Depart Peninsula via the High Road.
1. 45pm: Visit Dunedin Railway Station
2. 00 to 3. 45pm: Tour of the city of Dunedin
4. 00pm: Arrive back at the wharf at Port Chalmers.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meet up location: For Cruise Ship passengers we will meet you at the wharf with the name of your group on a sign by the private tours waiting area. The I-Site marquee will give specific instructions where to find us. For other groups we can either pick up at the I-Site on Princes Street or pick up from your accommodation.
End location: Drop off for Cruise Ship passengers is at the wharf in Port Chalmers. For other groups we can drop off at your accommodation or any other place you may request in the central city.
Duration: 7 hours
End location: For Cruise Ship passengers the drop off is at the Wharf in Port Chalmers
Duration: 7 hours
12 seater Mini-Bus Toyota Hiace with air conditioned
Knowledgeable driver/guide, comfortable air conditioned mini-bus, insurance, fuel, entrance to Larnach Castle and Gardens and magnificent scenery
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 NZD - as mentioned in Whats Extra, lunch costs can vary, but this is a good average of a typical lunch depending on your appetite.
Lunch at own cost approx: NZ$30
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Claudie was FANTASTIC, great guide with exceptional local area knowledge. It we like touring with a good friend.