For 250 years my family has called Southern Louisiana home.
Descended from both the French Acadian and Spanish Islanos colonists. Both families settled on the bayous of South Louisiana that are now known as Donaldsonville located 60 miles south of New Orleans.
250 years later we are still here in Southern Louisiana. The first 150 years they lived off the land in the bayous. 100 years ago they migrated to the city of New Orleans where they Americanized and learned to speak English.
I love this city and enjoy attending lectures on the history, architecture, and culture of this region. I'm especially inspired by new historians that are researching topics unveiling the day to day life of the colonist, adventurers and others that are drawn to this unique way of living then and now.
Live music, festivals, Jazzfest and Mardi Gras and all that is New Orleans, I'm usually in that number!
A Recent Review of this guide
Nancy is passionate / sincere and a GREAT guide !
- Licensed New Orleans Tour Guide
- Member of the Professional Tour Guide Association of New Orleans
- Member of the Historic New Orleans Collection
- Member of the Mardi Gras Parade Chewbacchus Sub-krewe Space Cats
- University of San Francisco, CA. Bachelors Degree