Full day excursion with transportation included
Naples' historic city centre is the largest in Europe, covering 1, 700 hectares (4, 200 acres) and enclosing 27 centuries of history, and is listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Naples has long been a major cultural centre with a global sphere of influence, particularly during the Renaissance and Enlightenment eras. In the immediate vicinity of Naples are numerous culturally and historically significant sites, including the Palace of Caserta and the Roman ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum. Culinarily, Naples is synonymous with pizza, which originated in the city. Neapolitan music has furthermore been highly influential, credited with the invention of the romantic guitar and the mandolin, as well as notable contributions to opera and folk standards.
- A visit at the fascinating Capodimonte Art Museum with masterworks of Caravaggio, Raffaello, Mantegna, Simone Martini, and many others. . .
- Walk in the monumental and artistic area of the city, discovering a lot of hidden gems and masterpieces of art such as the Veiled Christ and the Caravaggio's Seven Works of Mercy.
- Lunch stop in a historic pizzeria of the historic center.
- Panoramic tour of the city by the bus, including the hill of Posillipo, the seaside of Castel dell' Ovo, the Angevin Castle, the Royal palace, the St. Charles Theatre and much more.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Please provide the pick up location
End location: Please provide the drop off location
Duration: 8 hours
Private car: Mercedes sedan or minivan
My guidance and transportation by a comfortable air conditioning minivan
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 - 22 euros TOTAL - 6euros admission fee at the Pio Monte di Misericordia (optional)
7euros admission fee at the Cappella S. Severo (optional)
10euros for a good traditional pizza and a drink (Optional)
prices are per person
- Entrance tickets to the Chapel San Severo (7 euros) and Pio Monte della Misericordia (6euros).
- Lunch (about 10 euros)