Explore the the best of Denmark on this tour with a private guide!
Copenhagen and Denmark has so much to offer. A history, old medieval cities and buildings going 1000 years back, a modern city at the forefront of sustainable energy, locally sourced cuisine, architecture, design, welfare system and more.
This tour will be custom-designed to your wishes, and draws on your guide's several years professional experience of teaching Danish culture and modern society to foreigners in Denmark.
The concrete tour described here is two days to optimize the time for first-time visitors to Denmark. The first day a six hour walk in the modern and old city center of Copenhagen and an introduction to Denmark, including a visit to try a Danish lunch, and on the second day, an 8 hour bus tour with our own driver to explore the most interesting sights outside Copenhagen.
The tour is, like all my tours, adjusted to your wishes, and if you like it differently, or add more days to go explore even more, let me know and I will come up with a suggestion.
This tour could include:
Day one: Explore most important Copenhagen sights, including:
- Christiansborg - Danish parliament and birthplace of Copenhagen
- Nyhavn - 'New Harbour', the 400 year idyllic canal with its colorful houses
- Amalienborg - the Queen's castle
- Marble Church
- Kongens Nytorv - 'King's new square'
- Church of our Lady - Copenhagen's main church and birthplace of Lutheran reformation in Denmark
- Christiania - the "hippie town"
- Christianshavn - the "Little Amsterdam"
- The Little Mermaid
Day 2: Explore Denmark outside Copenhagen. Possbiities are many, but some of the high-lights include:
- The Viking Ship Museum and "viking shipyard" in Roskilde - most important Viking site in Denmark
- Frederiksborg Castle - the magnificent renaissance castle
- Fredensborg Castle
- Roskilde Cathedral - 1000 years old, and the site where the Danish kings and queens are buried
- Kronborg - also known as Hamlet's castle in the quaint village of Elsinore
- "Strandvejen" - the exclusive coastal route
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I can come and meet you at your hotel, cruise ship or a place you specify.
End location: I can either leave you at your hotel, cruise ship etc or in a nice, traditional Danish restaurant for lunch or dinner or in the central area with cafés and good shopping.
Duration: 2 days
The tour described is two days (6 hours walking tour and 8 hours bus tour), but it can be changed according to your wishes.
Transportation Method: Bus and walking.
Central Copenhagen is best done by walking for most groups since things are close to each other, whereas exploring the areas outside the city is best done by our private bus. The suggestion is therefore to use first day on foot in Copenhagen, and the second day outside the city, but that can be changed.
Our bus holds up to 14-16 passengers and is driven by a very seasoned, nice and English-speaking bus driver.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 Danish kroner - You don't really need any local cash as all things can be paid for by international credit cards (Visa, Mastercard but not always American Express), or worst case, I pay and you pay me back in your currency.
I will not drive myself but hire a driver and van (or accompany you in your vehicle) on the tours that requires driving. (Both for insurance reasons and because I like to focus on the guiding).
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Jens was a superb guide in Copenhagen, Denmark. I highly recommend him for serious historians and young people who are eager to learn. He is definitely a Five Star guide. Thanks Jens. Sue, Nadine, Megan and Alexander