Mrauk U Tour
Ancient City of Mrauk you is located in Rakhine State, the western part of Myanmar. Myanmar's second-most-famous archaeological site, Mrauk you is unlike Bagan. Temples and stupas are made from stone, not brick.
Mrauk you used to be capital city of 48 Kings for 355 long years. In 1430 King Min Saul Mon built Mrauk U. Under the powerful Rakhine Kings' supervision Mrauk you became one of the richest cities in Asia.
In its golden days, it served as a free port, trading with the Middle East Asia, Holland, Portugal and Spain. Portuguese Visitor who had been to Mrauk you in the 17th Century, called it 'a second Venice' while other visitors compared it to London or Amsterdam. At Mrauk U's peak, King Minbin (1531-53) built a naval fleet of some 10, 000 war boats that dominated the bay of Bengal and Gulf of Martaban. Many of finest temples (Shittaung, Dukkanthein, Laymyenha and Shweaung) were constructed during his reign.
Yangon-Sittwe-Mrauk U (5-day)
Fly to Sittwe from Yangon. You are welcome at the Sittwe airport.
- Central Market, Sakarmuni Image
- state Museum and Kuthala Monestry, the View Point.
Day-2 (Mrauk U)
Take ferry to Mrauk U by double decker boats (four to seven hours).
- Palace site and Palace Museum,
- Fan Making family workshop
- Laksaykan Gate and Sanda Muhni Phara Gri.
Day -3 (Mrauk U)
- Peisi Pagoda, Kothaung Temple, Sakyamanaung Pagoda with brightly painted, half-kneeling giants.
- Without Shittaung Paya your visit is not worth. Andaw Paya, Dukkanthein Paya, Ratanabon Paya, Pitaka Taik is going to complete the visit of Mrauk U's second-day.
- Sunset at discovery mountain.
Day 4: Mrauk U to Chin Village by car and long tail boat.
- Learn life style of tattooed face women at Pan Paung and Pen Myaung villages. Lunch at village.
Day 5: (Mrauk U - Sittwe)
- Head back Sittwe by boat( gov't ferry) in the early morning. The Tour ends in Sittwe.
Note:Take off your shoes and socks on pagoda
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meeting up location: I can meet you at Sittwe airtport or place where you stay at in Sittwe.
End location: Same as meeting point or to be defined by you.
Duration: 5 days
It is long boat trip (4-6 hours)from Sittwe to Mrauk U. Mrauk U, a forgotten ancient city in Myanmar will be a new place for your holiday. It is an adventure trip for you. I will do my best to have a pleasant trip.
You can get around by car. Toyota saloon, modern 2002 to 2008 is clean, and confortable with A/C.
- My service as your private tour guide.
- Tuk Tuk or Hi-Jet car for sightseeing.
- Airport transfer (pick up and drop off)
- Government ferry or private express boat fee.
- Sightseeing as per itinerary.
- Driver and guide's meal and accommodation.
- long tail boat for chin village.
- Toll Gate Fee & Fuel
Estimated Local Cash Needed
60000 Kyat - -Entrance fee at Mrauk U Zone Area.
-Meal at local Restaurant.
-Upon your own expense there will be a possibility of cost increases.
- Zone Fee or entrance fee
- Personal expenses
- Admission fee at museum
-One Internal flight (Yangon to Sittwe)
Note: You will fly to Sittwe city, the Rakhine State capital from Yangon. I could help you book the flight and pay it on arrival day.
-I have been working as a freelance licensed tour guide through out Myanmar since 2012.
All my tours have included transportation for tour sightseeing. Please inquire for further services.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We enjoyed very much the tour and met our expectatives. Min Soe is a very helpful and responsible person who took care of all the details agreeded We recommend to take this tour to anyone wishing to discover the area and being able to know about Mrauk